Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tuned my MT-09.

R&G radiator grill, R&G rear footpeg removal kit, Rizoma copy axle sliders,
OEM flyscreen, tankpad, Techspec gripster...

and now I'm waiting Rizoma taillight arrival.

DSCF0089.jpg DSCF0091.jpg DSCF0092.jpg DSCF0093.jpg DSCF0094.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
tuned my MT-09.

R&G radiator grill, R&G rear footpeg removal kit, Rizoma copy axle sliders,
OEM flyscreen, tankpad, Techspec gripster...

and now I'm waiting Rizoma taillight arrival.

View attachment 3008 View attachment 3009 View attachment 3010 View attachment 3011 View attachment 3012
Lots of nice looking stuff!! Question for you -- in the 4th picture, what is mounted under the right-side caliper on the front wheel? There is another line of some sort going to it. An ABS-related item, perhaps? My bike doesn't have that....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes. it's ABS sensor line.
you can check the same parts on rear axle picture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, you remember that?
oil leak was stop to 1500miles.

but I got a new problems.
it's cam chain noise.
i heard chain noise at 4000rpm, every gear.

Korea dealer says, they already had same problem.
fix method is replace new cam chain tensioner.
they ordered new cam chain tensioner for me. in warranty.

·
Registered
637 Posts
We all seem to be getting the cam chain noise - they are up to rev 3 (-03) on the part number.
I didn't notice the ABS before, but the pics show it clearly. I assume the controller is in the area just ahead of the battery under the seat.

I had a bandit with ABS and the brakes were spongy and it was hard to get all the air out - how are they on your FZ?
Had a strange release of the brakes one time also, when it was 110F and dry as a bone - turned out to be shipping grease on the sensor tip, front wheel. It had collected the debris from the semi-metallic pads and confused the sensor so it couldn't read the slotted disc. Took it out of the housing, cleaned it off and didn't have a problem after that.
Might be worth a check.

I like the grill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We all seem to be getting the cam chain noise - they are up to rev 3 (-03) on the part number.
I didn't notice the ABS before, but the pics show it clearly. I assume the controller is in the area just ahead of the battery under the seat.

I had a bandit with ABS and the brakes were spongy and it was hard to get all the air out - how are they on your FZ?
Had a strange release of the brakes one time also, when it was 110F and dry as a bone - turned out to be shipping grease on the sensor tip, front wheel. It had collected the debris from the semi-metallic pads and confused the sensor so it couldn't read the slotted disc. Took it out of the housing, cleaned it off and didn't have a problem after that.
Might be worth a check.

I like the grill
mine is very loud cam chain noise. it's obvious defects.
I'll replace the new cam chain tensioner. than will be better, I think.

and my MT-09 front brake lever is too soft.
I was compare to another MT-09, at last week.
but those two bike was certainly different.
I need bleeding to front brake system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts