Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found themselves with a helmet that was much quieter than anything else you have rode with?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the Arai Defiant helmet it was made for upright riding check it out on youtube there's some great reviews on it.I wear ear plugs also.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Bell RS-1 is the quietest I've worn by far, I think the snug fit, neck-roll and chin guard all help. But I wear earplugs too.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The Shoei RF1100 is quiet.

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
The quietest helmet is the one that best fits your head.
With that said, Shoei fits me best, but a friend gifted me an Arai
and it's quiet enough for me. I would imagine the Shoei RF series
and the GTAir in particular would be my first choice.

I have friends with second-tier helmets (Icon/HJC) that like them very much.
Unfortunately, you just don't know what's going to be quiet until you get out on the
road for a good rip.

And I always wear ear plugs.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Some helmets are more quiet than others but all can produce decibels high enough to produce permanent hearing damage at speeds as low as 40mph.

Helmet noise also depends on your riding position. Given this bike is more upright I've notice my rps 10 is not has quiet as it was on my SV650. I had a Shoei Qwest before the the rps. It was one size too small but quiet given the venting and aeros are meant more for upright riding vs the rf line.

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
92 Posts
I will second the Bell RS-1. My last 4 helmets have been Shoies. But I picked up the RS-1 last week & have loved it so far.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Been using the RS-1 too since January. For a helmet that glow so much air, it's very quiet.

It blow do much air in my face that if I don't wear glasses, it dry out my eyes. No joke... the optometrist told me to use eye drops, but I know why. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Shoei Qwest works the best for me unless I'm riding hard and fast (in which case I'm leaning in more) - then it was my Shoei RF1100. I say was because it rolled off the workbench onto the cement - so I donated it to the neighborhood kid to wear on his little motorcycle instead of his bicycle helmet...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm also voting for the RS-1. The only helmet I have to compare it to though is a HJC Symax III. That thing is stupid loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts