Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone messed around with a quick turn throttle for the FZ? I know that the different modes change the amount of throttle you get for the amount you twist the grip, but the grip still goes the same distance. I would really like to shorten it up, as it feels like a big twist. Has anyone tried the requisite R6 throttle tube? I might try that.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Basically A mode is a quick turn throttle. Talk with Nick of Stoltec about his ECU flash, something worth doing even if you get a mechanical quick turn, or a power commander etc.

Chances are Nick can customize the A map to be even quicker than it already is for a reasonable cost. Base cost for the flash is $125 including return shipping.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'd be interested as well in a mechanical quick turn throttle. I made one for my R6 with a section of PVC tube and it works awesome.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Having ridden in a mode briefly (no ecu flash yet) I can't imagine having more power sooner. At that point it'd be quicker to ride a unicycle :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hum, well, I guess my problem is this, in A mode power is full at 80% of twist. Problem to me is, you cant hold it there. You have to turn further before it bottoms out. Having a solid feeling of the bottom of the throttle feels good to me. I will email Nick and see what he says, but I will probably just try it also, seeing as they are only like, $15. Might do the PVC thing too, I have that on my race bike and it works perfect.

I will report back.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some research, the R1 (04 in this case) throttle is 36.5mm part number 4YR-26240-02. So happens that is the same throttle in the FZ. An 06 R6 is 40.5mm, part # 2CO-26240-00.

So I am going to order one. I think I might hand file the profile, so it is a bit progressive. I will post in here again later.

·
Registered
241 Posts
soo.... what did you find out? did you make the switch? I'm changing my stock bars out and was thinking bout going that route. please fill me in.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
All third party flashes will get you quicker throttle response. Only about 75% of your throttle is used with the oem ecu. Flash it an you will see, promise....

Here read this - throttle maps

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have daves flash also and set my a made to quick turn. Holy smokes what a difference. It's incredible and makes the bike feel so much meaner

·
Registered
115 Posts
Speaking of throttle... Has anyone tried the Graves progressive throttle or have a good explanation of what exactly it does?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts