Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in the market for vcyclenut flash this spring but not sure which direction to go with the "A" mode.
Alot of riders have commented how fun/aggressive the quick turn is but with the "smooth" is it still snappier like stock?
I mainly ride only in A mode now so a smooth version of that might suit me better. Anyone go with the smooth A instead of quick turn??
Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
There's a B mode? :rolleyes:

A mode is the 1st thing I do after cranking the bike.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
There's a B mode? :rolleyes:

A mode is the 1st thing I do after cranking the bike.
That's what I like about Vcycle flash. He will custom tune whatever you want. I kept B mode very smooth but unlock it in top gear. STD is initially smooth like mode B but all gears open the throttle @ 100% (Nice with R6 throttle tube for track days) A mode... sick! Sort of borderline deadly with the R6 tube... LOL So B mode is not necessary a boring mode.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Nope. A mode quick turn here. Get the STD in smooth and you'll have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
interested in peoples opinions here as well! once I get around to upgrading exhaust I'll be turning over mine to vcycle. Right now I'm ok with the Yamaha reflash.

Reactions: vcyclenut

·
Registered
957 Posts
If you don't specify anything special when you send it off, his "default" flash settings are:

B Mode - Reduced traction (essentially stock B mode).
STD Mode - Smooth (ideal for extremely technical riding and track days)
A Mode - Quick Turn (ideal for hooliganism)

Personally I think sticking with the "default" combination mentioned above is ideal. It gives you a valid reason to want to make use of all 3 modes depending on what type of riding you're wanting to do on a given day. That's what I ended up getting and I couldn't be happier. Getting smooth or quick turn for BOTH std and A modes is a bad idea because it leaves you with only 2 different, usable modes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would assume with the smooth"A" vs. smooth "STD" that the "A" mode would still feel more aggressive much like the stock settings?????

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would assume with the smooth"A" vs. smooth "STD" that the "A" mode would still feel more aggressive much like the stock settings?????
No. You are replacing the maps completely when you flash. If you did that all you would end up doing is giving yourself 2 identical drive modes and eating one.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I got Stoltec do do my flash and I assume that his A mode was quick turn. I still had to use a G2 throttle tamer with a minor Y200 profile to smooth the transition a tad. It did make for an increased turn to throttle stop. Here is the advantage, I never feel any jerky on/off throttle transition, which is useful when hitting bumps in a turn and cranking wheelies. BTW, my bike defaults to A Mode and stays there all of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts