Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Quick Shifter

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  v2Bob 
#1 ·
I don't know if there is already a thread discussing this specifically, couldn't find one anyway. But does anyone know if there is quick shifter available or in the works? I don't really want to spend the money to buy a power commander and then buy their quick shift accessory for it as that would run me $600+ and I'm already planning on running a Marthy Exhaust with his fuel controller.

#5 ·
Or is there no interest in this or the clutchless throttle blip shifting method just as effective? As described here Clutchless Shifting - Sport Rider Magazine Online
That is one of the mods, I have been thinking of doing. I've run electric shifters on, several bikes, and loved them.
The power delivery of the FZ, seems like a perfect fit to me.

Perhaps Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance, has on exiting one that will fit.

Other brands, are simply mounted in the shift rods, and can be installed on just about any bike, that uses linkage.

#6 ·
You can get a Power Commander 5 with a quick shifter. I have one on my FZ09 and R1 and love them. The PC5 for the FZ09 is not available from a few places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.