Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is part of the speedlimter disabled flash. A quick shift sensor is still needed. I recommend the pcv normally open push sensor. One wire will connect to ground and the other to a pin on the ecu.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious here...

What the difference between the 2 rod? Sensor goes in the middle of them?
correct, you usually have to trim them to fit, Ill take a pick of the one on my r1 tonight and post it so its clear to everyone

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would be nice to know where it goes... I have the GP shit set up, so it sort of need to fit on top not to bang on the riser.

where did you get that shifter?? I flipped my r1 back to standard pattern so I didnt brain fart and shift the wrong way when jumping from bike to bike.

Yea there is not much room with your set up, you might have to trim that sprocket cover a bit to give it clearance

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
where did you get that shifter?? I flipped my r1 back to standard pattern so I didnt brain fart and shift the wrong way when jumping from bike to bike.

Yea there is not much room with your set up, you might have to trim that sprocket cover a bit to give it clearance
No plastic trimming required. All I had to do is notch the riser as you can see on the picture. Just enough for the rod to clear... Someone id this a while ago here on the forum... that's where I got the idea from.

·
Registered
196 Posts
No plastic trimming required. All I had to do is notch the riser as you can see on the picture. Just enough for the rod to clear... Someone id this a while ago here on the forum... that's where I got the idea from.
I think he means trim to clear the dj sensor

·
Registered
275 Posts
So the ECU controls the amount of ignition off time for the shift? Is this adjustable at all like some quickshifters or is adjustability not needed? I think I will try to fab up a different kind of switch for the shifter, the DJ ones are expensive. And are you planning any more options I won't be able to live without. I hope I only have to send my ECU in once!

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the ECU controls the amount of ignition off time for the shift? Is this adjustable at all like some quickshifters or is adjustability not needed? I think I will try to fab up a different kind of switch for the shifter, the DJ ones are expensive. And are you planning any more options I won't be able to live without. I hope I only have to send my ECU in once!
that is correct, It is adjustable for the kill time for gear vs rpm. I check the settings on my own personal bike and unless someone has a specific request I will leave them there.

I have had several people do that on other bikes, as long as the switch closes the circuit to ground when you up shift it will work

lol, we shall see

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
flashtune is saying a harness must be purchased to complete this install , I will purchase one and report back , the harness is not available yet but will be in a couple days

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, I am super impressed. They e mailed me today and asked if I had a pcv or pc3 sensor and are sending me one for a pcv. No more cutting and splicing. :)

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to verify, if you select this option you can add it anytime you want, not necessary to have the sensor right away?

Thanks!
that's correct, there really is no reason not to add it as an option to the flash

Has anybody tried a standalone HM or Annotori or Translogic ignition kill quick shifter, on the 09?
I have not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts