Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought your quick shifter kit. I've had it for two seasons now. It shifts smooth as can be say between 4,000- 8,000 RPM. But, When I really get on the throttle as in running through the gears at full throttle it will sometimes miss a gear and go into neutral/hit rev limiter going from 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th. I know I have to keep the throttle steady when I do this and I try. Wondering if you think this is a problem with the shifter or is it something I'm doing wrong? Like I said, I try to keep the throttle steady and sometimes it's to the lock. Maybe A-mode throttle is too sensitive? Your feed back would be most appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind.
Got my answer. Was just operator error. I went out last night and did what he suggested and it worked flawlessly. I just load the shifter a little and make sure to push it all the way through to the next gear.

"tickets [email protected] via fla.flash-tune.com
Jun 25 (7 days ago)
to me
David,
A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #168470 with the following response

Hi David,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have a 2016 FZ09 myself. I have had the same thing happen with my bike at times. This happens to me when I shift but don't push the lever enough to actually change gears. The ignition will cut from the QS sending the signal to the ECU. But this doesn't actually go into the next gear. I've hit a false neutral a couple of times, but mainly I just don't get the next gear to engage.

I did have an improvement when I adjusted the shift lever itself. I brought it down a little to help me get a little more leverage when shifting. You may have some luck with this if you give it a try.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help.

Thank you,

Kirk D."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts