Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set off a member here and I'm just curious to see if I have all the hardware I need for a FRONT signal installation. The person who sold these to me bought them for the rear but I'll be using them up front. All the pictures I see show these signals without the rubber boot. So when I take the boot off, how the heck am I supposed to install it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have these as my rear blinkers. FYI, I was not too happy with how bright they are during the day. They are visible, but less so than the stockers or my rizomas. That being said, I think you should be able to install these in the factory plastic housing. If that is the pic of how you got yours, mine didn't come like that. They had just the lights with no boot (I used the factory rubber mount on my rear). I also needed plates for the rizomas up front, but pretty sure you don't need them with the graves as they are shaped roughly the same as the mount point.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not so sure you should take the boots off. I got my Graves lights new directly from Graves and run them up front. I bolted them straight through the teardrop shaped holes in the headlight housing that Yamaha always uses for their lights. You may be able to make those boots work. My biggest problem with the Graves (assuming you have a flasher relay thats LED friendly installed already) is that with my clubman handlebars the lights are almost concealed by my tiny little windscreen. They aren't, but they are close. I say undo the headlight trim on top and pull it off. It only takes a couple minutes and you can easily see how the lights attach. Look at my build thread and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I run these with boots in the back and no boots up front. They install fine. You will have to remove the headlight side panels to get them installed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys. As I had mentioned, all the pictures I see show without the boot. Do I need any plates or any other hardware for the install? One last question.. The picture I posted above doesn't show it (white balance I'm sure) but the signals are sort of 'yellowed'. Has anyone else noticed this? It isn't clear, rather it has a yellow tint. Kind of off putting to be honest..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts