Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Figured I'd stop in and say Hi here.

Really enjoying this bike so far. This is bike #6 for me in 5 years. Hoping this will be the one I hang on to! ;) I'm sure I know a few of you from all the other FZ forums and I know a couple Bandit guys that got 09's that are probably here.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey buddy! :) I really do need to slow down haha. Its fun trying all these different bikes though! My wife feels differently though! She says this is it! She gets a hot rod next. haha.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hey Jay!

Welcome in the house. The 09 is not flawless but easy to sort out. Once all sort out it's everything you want out of a bike. Just plain bada$$ fun! LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome Jay! The FZ is bike #5 in 3.5 years. I always say that it will be the one that I hold on to.. also. I really hope its for real this time haha!
Heres mine! you definitely picked the fastest color!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell us about your previous bikes!
Started out on a 250 Rebel. Rode that for 10k miles in the first year commuting back and forth for work.

Got tired of that and got the FZ6R. Rode that into the side of a mountain and wrecked it.

Then I got a 09 R6. Had that for about a year. Wife had some job issues and I needed to free up the monthly payment so sold it.

Then got a FZ8. Same kinda deal, needed the money so sold it for what i paid for it a year before.

Then got the Bandit 1200 outright. Decided to buy a house and wanted the money for a down payment. Sold the bike for $400 more than I paid for it last year.

Ended up not needing it so put the money as a down on the FZ-09! ;) I am going to try and keep this one, I swear! :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Welcome! Is yours the one that was sitting at ProCaliber in Bend for a while?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! Is yours the one that was sitting at ProCaliber in Bend for a while?
Thanks. Not sure how long it had been there, but yes, that is where I got it from.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'm not sure how long it was in there either...I stopped in for a new jacket earlier this month and saw it. I'm from the valley but I head to Bend every few weeks. Have you ridden 242 yet?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure how long it was in there either...I stopped in for a new jacket earlier this month and saw it. I'm from the valley but I head to Bend every few weeks. Have you ridden 242 yet?
My favorite road! That is also where I wrecked my FZ6R. Fun stuff. Have not been up there this year. My buddy did a couple weeks ago and had a jeep come head on in their lane in a corner trying to go around some bicycles. He almost high sided, but saved it, only to drop it as he came to a stop. Jeep never stopped.

I just bought a house, so my weekends have been pretty damn busy. I plan to get out and ride some hopefully here soon.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Crazy...that road is too narrow for bicycles IMO. Glad your buddy didn't eat it. I've been wanting to ride up there but I haven't had a chance to drive it first to check for gravel.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree! He said there was not much any gravel that he noticed. That is my big concern too... Beginning of the season, every dang corner is filled with gravel.

Ha... forgot he had a video of it! He does not show himself dropping it after he pulls off. His foot just slipped and he slowly set the bike down.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Definitely a close call...that Jeep should have known better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts