Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while riding on a 4 lane highway i noticed on 1 side (going east) my bars would be dead straight

and on the other side (going west) mu bars would be slightly off to the right

i tested this multiple times

the bike does not veer off to the left or right when riding no handed

why is this?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe one side of the road is in the northern hemisphere and the other side is in the southern hemisphere. Kinda like a toilet bowl flushes the opposite direction depending on what hemisphere you are in!! That's gotta be it!

Reactions: beck and Crosshairs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's the Coriolis effect.

Dunno. Maybe the drainage slope angle of the highway is ever so slightly more on the West side? Do you ever notice it while not riding on that 4-lane stretch?
+1 first thought is the road is not sloped the same in both directions. Second thought is everything fixed up after your little "front end ****ed" incident? I mention that because I remember in the old dirt biking days after taking many dirt naps with the old dirt bikes. It didn't take much to make things feel out of wack. Usually it was just something simple like the left hand to right hand controls where not evenly rotated on the bars. Unless the bars got bent a bit, then nothing you adjusted would fix that uneven feeling.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just spent 500 bucks on repairs sunday for a new rim , tire and brake pedal, and other miscellaneous nuts, bearings, oil seals

so im not just running it hard and putting it up wet

after every ride i top off the radiator and check the expansion tank until i can get a new radiator

i just got back from a 20 mile ride and, on the same road the bars were straight the whole time, so either the front end fixed itself, or it was cross winds

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
If it isn't veering, shaking or wobbling with hands off - then I don't think it's the bike. Crown of the road, wind, seating position, passenger?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Aha, crosswinds.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Crowned road is my first guess.

Your imagination is my second guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts