Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the end can at the point where the arrow is? I would like to knock the baffle out once I have drilled the spot weld holding it in place, but need to check that it is possible to remove the end can first.

·
Registered
433 Posts
From the looks of that pic, I'd say no. I'm not sure you have to remove the can anyways. Once the spotweld is drilled, ( I thought it may be screwed) it should slide out fairly easily. Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't think pounding would be necessary. At least that's what I've read. I don't pull my baffles, too loud is too loud. Besides, if I were to be doing something that just may be illegal, I don't want to be broadcasting to every cop for 3 counties. Just my .02.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Why not just get a pipe that replaces item #4? that is the muffler. Would it be easy to drill the rivets out of the end cap of the can? then you can knock away! Note to self: carbon fibre is light, strong, and brittle and will not tolerate sloppy knocking, cold chisel and the 5 pound sledge are out.

Good luck, tell us how it turns out.

Ride Sane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts