Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Genuine mounting kit yamaha topcase comes with everything needed to place a givi/kapa/shad topcase? I need an extra "mounting palte" on the genuine mounting rack?
I have a FZ6 actually with a genuine mounting kit and i dont need any other mounting plate on the mounting rack?

FZ-09 pics of genuine mounting rack

FZ6 pics of genuine mounting rack

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OEM top cases will fit without a mounting plate. For everything else, you will need a mounting plate.

Like this:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM top cases will fit without a mounting plate. For everything else, you will need a mounting plate.

Like this:

Looks great

What model of topcase you put on you orange machine?

I confused to buy a orange or race blu fz09

Mi actually bike

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Your bike looks great!

The orange is not mine- its from the EU forums for thr MT09- I was just showing what the Yamaha OEM topcase looks like- it uses no adapters so its a clean install. Just a bit pricey.
LInk to the topcase: https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/...sories&Class=Sport Bike&Year=2014&Model=FZ-09

The case looks like this:

This is my bike- a gray-burple combo with a super cheap CooCase topcase - I had to put a adapter on the rack for this though:

This is the thread where the install was discussed: http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/1239-oem-tail-rack-coocase-50l-topcase.html

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
other question, where is the best online store for buy with shipping to miami?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
other question, where is the best online store for buy with shipping to miami?
I think any store based in the US should be fine. Twisted Throttle, Revzilla, motorcycle superstore are all good...but then, I am not from Miami.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts