Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can forum members contribute? A donation to help support the site and perhaps help pay for some improvements?

Other forums I belong to welcome donations, and I certainly feel that this is a quality forum full of great information and great folks. I've learned a great deal, and would not mind supporting it monetarily.

I'm not so much a fan of the forums that require "memberships," but I understand that this site doesn't exist for free.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That's why there are advertisers? As the forum grows with the FZ, more businesses will be pumping in cash.
Of what improvements do you speak?

FYI, I would personally kick in a few bucks just because

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also willing to "just cause" (which is why i brought it up), but I remember someone needing the ability to have more than just 50 private messages, and I wouldn't mind having more smilies/emoticon thingies to choose from.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great Thread!

I was surprised to see no ability to "Upgrade" your membership; I believe this typically serves as a donation to help the site and usually comes with a few perks like a larger PM inbox.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I also wouldn't mind paying to get rid of the ads... not the ones for forum sponsors, but right now, as I type this, I'm staring at a Motorcycle Superstore ad that I would rather not see.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I never see the ads that you are speaking of, curious why you see them and I don't. Still would not mind kicking in a few bucks considering how helpful this forum has been to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
As far as smilies go, there are lots and lots of them....just click on "more"at the bottom of the smiley window.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I never see the ads that you are speaking of, curious why you see them and I don't. Still would not mind kicking in a few bucks considering how helpful this forum has been to me.
Are there ads? I have adblockplus installed and I can disable it for this site if it helps with revenue.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
:very_drunk: found the smilies :eek:ccasion14:

99% of the time that I'm on this site, I'm on my Nexus tablet... which doesn't have any adblock software on the browser.... so I get to stare at ads... like the one trying to get me to join the Sprint Framily Plan... in Spanish no less... :dontknow:

·
Registered
835 Posts
:very_drunk: found the smilies :eek:ccasion14:

99% of the time that I'm on this site, I'm on my Nexus tablet... which doesn't have any adblock software on the browser.... so I get to stare at ads... like the one trying to get me to join the Sprint Framily Plan... in Spanish no less... :dontknow:
Ha ha, it's based on your browser history...so...yeah...

I'll kill ABP for this domain. :) Yay pennies on the dollar!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the site get money for allowing and placing the ads, or do you have to click on it for them to get $$

Just curious.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you are logged in, there "shouldn't" be any ads. I've forgotten to login before and there are some interesting ones ; p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts