Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to send you an email but thought perhaps a response on the forum may benefit others as well. First off let me say how impressed with the looks, sound and dyno results with your E-series slip on and ecu flash! I will be ordering that in the next few weeks.

From what I have read there are some limitations of what can be altered with the 2017 ecu...can you get into a bit of detail of what can or can not be done with your flash? Your video/sound clips are done with a 2017 so I assume at the very least the mixture is fattened up to work with your exhaust?

Thanx Jamie...looking forward to placing my order!

·
Registered
38 Posts
While the 2017 ECU is very similar to 14-16 models, there are some minor differences in the calibration definitions. A quick answer is our ECU flash for the 2017 has edits to the TPS/MAP based fuel tables, spark tables, the throttle blade, torque, and speed limiters are removed, we turn off closed loop and decel fuel cut, fan temps are adjusted, we can set A mode as standard, and there are dozens of other edits as well. About the only thing we cannot currently edit with the 17 that we can with the earlier ECU is turn the PAIR valve off, it simply needs to be blocked. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!...I hope to get a few more rides in before the weather turns really cold....another couple of weeks and I will send the ecu and make arrangements. I live in Canada..not too far from Detroit and will provide a Michigan shipping address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts