Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running a Pyramid seat cowl ? I like the shape but the plastic looks a bit thin, wondering if the mounting tabs hold up ok.

Reactions: carbonr1

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You can easily purchase anything off the Pyramid Plastic website, even with exchange and shipping, some of the stuff is cheaper through them. I have noticed a lot of Pyramid's accessories are marked up a lot if you buy them through local suppliers. I just order the hugger extender and headlight cover. I purchased the front fender extender through a local supplier last fall, and it is made well and not just a cheap piece of thin plastic.

For the seat cowl, they do not "colour matched options also available."

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...9+Matt+Black+Solo+Seat+Cowl&partNumber=12411A

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...8&h=16&d=MT-09 / FZ-09 / FZ9 2013 Accessories

Edit: - since I last looked, they now offer lots of colour options, so it's just a matter of time and I am sure they will have every different colour to choose from.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...=MT-09 / FZ-09 / FZ9 2013 Seat Covers / Cowls

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have one on my Mrs bike. It's flexible but well made. Not really the kind of thing you want to take off or reinstall every couple of weeks though. And it fits as well as the OEM seat does... which is pretty gappy. It follows the contour of the seat surface very well though. :thumbsup:

I'll have more pics next weekend when everything comes back from my painter. :)

Edit... the radiator shrouds and screen in these pics are also Pyramid. I'll be posting in my "Kylie's MT09" thread with the new pics.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one on my Mrs bike. It's flexible but well made. Not really the kind of thing you want to take off or reinstall every couple of weeks though. And it fits as well as the OEM seat does... which is pretty gappy. It follows the contour of the seat surface very well though. :thumbsup:

I'll have more pics next weekend when everything comes back from my painter. :)

Edit... the radiator shrouds and screen in these pics are also Pyramid. I'll be posting in my "Kylie's MT09" thread with the new pics.
Thanks VERY MUCH for the high-res pics !! I love the lines and it looks as though a tail pack will set just fine on it, unlike some other pieces I've seen. Good to know it's paintable also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just bought a MT-09 and came to Google to find out what accessories are the best and from reading what you guys have put i went to the Pyramid web page and looked around a bit and ended up on their Facebook page and it seems they have completed the majority of their accessories, looks fantastic, i don't think ill go for the full orange package but ill defiantly be buying most of their stuff, ill put up some pictures and let u know what i think when they arrive :D

mt0-09.jpg

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was gonna buy this one but it was out of stock, didn't have orange or black, and it was more expensive(ermax $97. I ended up buying the ermax painted all orange and now that I have it I'm glad I didn't get the pyramid. Ermax is taller, straight edges and just has a meaner street fighter look. The paint was perfectly matched and looked great. I have the comfort seat so I had to do some modifications.
I have a bunch of different angle pics that I can post if you want to see it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody running a Pyramid seat cowl ? I like the shape but the plastic looks a bit thin, wondering if the mounting tabs hold up ok.
I purchased one in April 2020 for my 2019 MT-09 in Yamaha Blue, one of the tabs just broke off after just 6 months. I am trying to get reimbursed or a free replacement from ebay seller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts