Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it, could not resist, hope it's all I hope it's going to be!!! Got about 20 miles on it already and I'm already feeling quite comfortable on it. I even got on it hard in A mode, 2nd gear hoping to see a little wheelie action but that did not happen. I'm hoping that's just because it's not broke in yet, well that and my technique, may even need to be on it a little harder, I dunno???
Anyhow, got the color I wanted which matches really nice with my '13 KTM 450...
IMG_20150207_171232.jpg

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sweet. Hope you like yours as much ask I like mine! Wheelies will come, trust me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

It's the sort of bike that you just can't help but modify to your own liking... Don't snatch the throttle too hard - it will bite ��

Reactions: River

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should add that so far I feel the suspension and brakes feel pretty dang good even for my 230lb butt!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Congrats Katoom! Great color. Trying your first wheelie in second gear was a smart choice. I did mine unintentionally in first in standard mode and it really launched itself. That was on my only test ride. I shifted into second and, at about 2000 rpm, hit it again lifting the front smoothly six inches or so like an airplane at lift off. Two amazing miles and out came the checkbook.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Wouldn't softer suspension allow more rearward weight shift during rapid acceleration lending to wheelies?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well actually I personally think the suspension feels good enough for now, then again I've not really tried pushing it yet! The one thing I've noticed that I'm a little concerned about it stiction at the top of the stroke.
My one regret I guess is that I did not know this bike http://scramblerducati.com/en/bike/full-throttle was available until after I bought my FZ. I think I would have bought the Ducati over this, same price point, maybe not quite as much performance. All and all though I'm pretty pumped with my bike!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The suspension has only upset me a few times. In the twisties hard into a corner it will compress too much and wallow around. Another time on a concrete block road it started bouncing like crazy. Felt like I was riding a pogo stick. Still haven't upgraded but I'd like to. Just have to come up with the funds.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Cool looking bike that Ducati, I have one in the garage, broken as usual. The 75hp is a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool looking bike that Ducati, I have one in the garage, broken as usual. The 75hp is a deal killer for me.
Yea it's a little underpowered for me as well but it sure is kewl looking!

·
Registered
654 Posts
congrats

1 - 20 of 23 Posts