Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be an owner of a red one in about 2 weeks.

Getting it from LeBard & Underwood In La Habra California, thanks to Drez14 on this forum.

These folks are great to work and will honor the same $9300 OTD price that Drez14 got from them.

Now have to find a new home for the Ninja 1000.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
damn you guys are getting hammered with OTD in Cali - although i'd pay $1500 more for better weather all year round :)

Congrats on the ride - ride safe!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nice to read that you're buying an FZ-09. And a red one... nice twice!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn you guys are getting hammered with OTD in Cali - although i'd pay $1500 more for better weather all year round :)

Heck that's the best deal I saw anywhere in Socal. Most dealers I talked to were reluctant to give me an OTD price.

Several I talked to wanted over 10K OTD. I called one guy 3 times and he said he would call me back.... I'm still waiting.

Oh yea the best one is our local Yamaha dealer. I asked the salesman if they had one in stock. He said you cant get one. I said really, just saw one yesterday in Simi Valley. His reply: You should have bought it. I just turned and walked out. With service like that its a miracle they are still in business.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
that's crazy, the 2 dealerships that i know have at least 2 in stock here in Jersey, but unless you have a trailer, no one is biting on them, except for the select few of us who don't care what temp it is outside :)

·
Registered
336 Posts

I'm just curious what would it cost to buy it in another state and ship it? I have never looked into this, and logistically it might be more complex than I know with taxes, title, etc.... but if you can get one OTD here in Phx, AZ for say $8600 would it be feasible to buy in a different market? I have no idea, so for all I know it's an absurd idea, but if someone knows please school me on this topic.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I can't imagine it being cheaper. Your best bet would probably be to buy in another state and ride it back. You'd get the added benefit of the break in by the time you got home. Hah.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm just curious what would it cost to buy it in another state and ship it? I have never looked into this, and logistically it might be more complex than I know with taxes, title, etc.... but if you can get one OTD here in Phx, AZ for say $8600 would it be feasible to buy in a different market? I have no idea, so for all I know it's an absurd idea, but if someone knows please school me on this topic.
california's a special case. because they've got special emissions laws, a new bike that doesn't have california emissions equipment can't be registered in california. i think somebody mentioned that if it has at least 7500 miles on it, it can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
california's a special case. because they've got special emissions laws, a new bike that doesn't have california emissions equipment can't be registered in california. i think somebody mentioned that if it has at least 7500 miles on it, it can.
This is correct! That's why the dealers here can do what they do!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Getting it from LeBard & Underwood In La Habra California, thanks to Drez14 on this forum.

These folks are great to work and will honor the same $9300 OTD price that Drez14 got from them.

Who was your salesperson? Maybe I can the convince the gf to do a Socal trip and I'll pick up the bike on our way home.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Shoot... You should have went all the way and got one of the faster Liquid Graphite one. Only kidding... welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who was your salesperson? Maybe I can the convince the gf to do a Socal trip and I'll pick up the bike on our way home.
David Miller helped me. I believe he is the manager. A super nice guy.

This shop has been around since 1946 and I can see why. They treat people right. Unlike some of the shops I have dealt with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
David Miller helped me. I believe he is the manager. A super nice guy.

This shop has been around since 1946 and I can see why. They treat people right. Unlike some of the shops I have dealt with.
Thanks but local shop, still 100 miles away, agreed on $9500 OTD. They won't have any available until mid-February though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Back in the olden days, a guy took a truck to SoCal and bought 6 Honda CL77's from a 'thinking' salesman who knew how to deal, the guy then brought his discounted bikes to Las Vegas where your's truly and 4 others bought them at a reasonable mark up which allowed this entrapanuer (sp?) to basically get his bike for almost zilch...could work again. Of course, the prices back then made the initial out lay of cash for the 6 a lot easier to swallow...oh well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hawkerjet, when you get the FZ make sure to take it out to Turnbull Canyon outside of Whittier, incredible road! Spent many hours out there on my Hawk GT!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hawkerjet, when you the FZ make sure to take it out to Turnbull Canyon outside of Whittier, incredible road! Spent many hours out there on my Hawk GT!
Just had a look on google earth. Cool looking road. Thanks for the heads up. Reminds me of the canyons of Malibu. I spent an afternoon riding them on Monday. Latigo canyon is my favorite. It is one of the longest ones and has new pavement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts