Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received my preordered Puig sport screen today, install took about 5 minutes. Will post up a ride report to this thread after I get a chance to test it out, some pictures for those interested in this option.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
looks nice, what was the price on that if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$113.84 shipped to my door from Motovation.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for posting. That's the light smoke color, right? Mine finally shipped last Friday- two months after I ordered. They did say early May so I was fine with the wait as I like the way it looks compared to other options. Mine should be on the bike Thursday evening.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting. That's the light smoke color, right? Mine finally shipped last Friday- two months after I ordered. They did say early May so I was fine with the wait as I like the way it looks compared to other options. Mine should be on the bike Thursday evening.
Correct mine is light smoke.

Quick ride report, it helps alleviate the wind pressure for sure - cruising speeds on the highway 65-70 are much less of an "arm" stretching experience. Tucked behind it a bit I ran it into the triple digits and it seemed solid enough with the included brackets, did not bend or move around. Overall I am content with the looks and it does help a bunch compared to nothing at all, the wind blast is moved up enough to provide relief at sane speeds and that was exactly what I was looking for.

I will say if you are looking for all day ride comfort at sustained speeds look at the touring model instead, personally I do not like the larger screens but it will probably add a decent amount of extra protection.

Outside pic from ride, you can see the color a bit better:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Quite possibly the best looking screen on the market for the 09. The Ermax is good looking too but this doesn't require the removal and bolt on side supports.

Excellent choice.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Touring version is but 270mm.Less than an inch more than the sport.
They need a 330mm height like the rest of the manufacturers.
I like their wind diffuser port.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No issues with my 330mm MRA.Ermax and Powerbronze have that height also.I read where someone here was road racing with a MRA Touring.I need that much in order to half tuck with a good helmet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks great! I love Puig's products. I got the touring screen for my FZ6R and the racing one for my wife's N1K and they are both top notch in quality, fit, and function. I'm pretty happy with my MRA double bubble. It fits with my new bars and has good wind protection and doesnt look bad even though it looks pretty huge on a naked bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I installed mine (the Sport version) a week ago, and I'm still trying to decide if it's the right one. From a looks standpoint, it's excellent (personal opinion of course). Functionally I feel like I'm riding into a headwind whenever I'm on the freeway doing more than 70. Wind is diverted to shoulder height so less pressure on the torso, but a lot more on the shoulders and more wind noise- and I wear foam earplugs. Below 70 it's not bad, but much more than that (80 and up) there's a lot of wind pressure. Surprising for such a short windscreen. I may cut the top of the center depression out to see if that smooths the airflow, but of course that's a non-reversible mod (aesthetically at least) so I've been trying to see if I get used to the windblast first.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just got mine installed. I posted some pictures on "what have you done to your bike today" Did that yesterday. Have not been able to ride yet. The bracket is fastened to the existing holes above the headlight. It's not super strong or without flex but none of these small sport type screens are. Not sure if those 4 screws are going into some sort of metal bracket?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed mine (the Sport version) a week ago, and I'm still trying to decide if it's the right one. From a looks standpoint, it's excellent (personal opinion of course). Functionally I feel like I'm riding into a headwind whenever I'm on the freeway doing more than 70. Wind is diverted to shoulder height so less pressure on the torso, but a lot more on the shoulders and more wind noise- and I wear foam earplugs. Below 70 it's not bad, but much more than that (80 and up) there's a lot of wind pressure. Surprising for such a short windscreen. I may cut the top of the center depression out to see if that smooths the airflow, but of course that's a non-reversible mod (aesthetically at least) so I've been trying to see if I get used to the windblast first.
If you were considering selling it for another, I may be interested :rolleyes:

How tall are you? Just curious as to how this screen may be for a guy of my height, or lack of...5'8" on a good day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like it, I have the 25mm ermax and wish it was a little taller my friend just ordered the 33cm so I will have a chance to ride the bikes back to back to see which one I like the best. RR:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like it, I have the 25mm ermax and wish it was a little taller my friend just ordered the 33cm so I will have a chance to ride the bikes back to back to see which one I like the best. RR:cool:
Let us know your thoughts when you get the chance! I would be interested to see what you had to say.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts