Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the tall Yamaha screen and I can measure 31cm height.The Puig says 42cm.The oem flips up at the upper end and the Puig goes straight.Does anyone have an opinion or experience from both screens?I consider purchasing the Puig.Will it give an increased protection over the original?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not sure if you saw my reply on my post in the "what did you do to your bike" thread about the Puig touring, but I'm 6'5" and I get a decent amount of wind noise in my helmet from the screen. It starts around 55-60 mph and above, which is 98% of my daily commute. I've given it almost 2 weeks, and although it's a drastic difference, I will be keeping it on. The noise isn't unbearable, and it takes a lot of wind off my body which is ideal. I'm noticeably less fatigued after a 4 hour weekend ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaronv74 for your reply.I'm just trying to decide if it worth the upgrade and the 110euros

·
Registered
283 Posts
I haven't tried the OEM tall but the puig is a very nice screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a touring screen, but I did purchase the MRA Sport Screen. I love it! MRA makes a touring screen; it's worth looking at.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the Puig screen ,I tried it and put back the Yamaha touring.Less noise ,does not flex on it's base, about the same or even better wind management,less shim at above165 kms/h.

·
Registered
283 Posts
how tall are you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Puig will divert all the wind right to your neck area (180cm rider). It is well made as well so it all depends on where you want the wind to be diverted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts