Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sport and touring models, pretty nice that they have PDF files showing the wind differences on the rider. Wish they had some side profile pictures of each one instead of all the same photos from the front, out of the smaller options this and Ermax look good so far.

Puig For the bike model Yamaha MT-09 2014 | Puig

·
Registered
389 Posts
Though I like the coverage it provides, I don't like how..."rounded" it is. Feel like it takes away from the sharpness and personality of the bike.

Thank you for the notification though!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Been tracking the Puig website myself. I want a windscreen, but a very understated one. Not really looking for any wind protection, mostly looking to hide all the wires and crap coming off of the handlebars and display. They have this one listed:

PUIG13692.jpg

But it also says in the fine print: "You are watching the generic image of the product, so it is not related with the bike model selected. "

Still waiting for a windscreen that blows my skirt up as much as the Rizoma screen:

WEB_SZYF0019B0000013XXX.jpg

NO WAY I'm spending $356 on a (tiny) windscreen. EVER.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks most of these wind screens makes the FZ look like some messed up dinosaur?

The only 2 I've liked so far is the ermax Niner has and the oem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Been tracking the Puig website myself. I want a windscreen, but a very understated one. Not really looking for any wind protection, mostly looking to hide all the wires and crap coming off of the handlebars and display. They have this one listed:

View attachment 2279

But it also says in the fine print: "You are watching the generic image of the product, so it is not related with the bike model selected. "

Still waiting for a windscreen that blows my skirt up as much as the Rizoma screen:

View attachment 2280

NO WAY I'm spending $356 on a (tiny) windscreen. EVER.
Rizoma makes an acrylic screen that's much cheaper

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Not saying the other options aren't nice, but so far these are my favorites. Fortunately Zero Gravity is building some right now for me (and everyone else). Can't wait to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Has anybody found a source for these screens yet? It's not available in Canada yet, so I'd like to just order one from wherever. I haven't gone through all of the distributors listed on the Puig site yet. I thought I'd ask here first to get some recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks most of these wind screens makes the FZ look like some messed up dinosaur?
That's the visual I get from most of them too. I have a cartoon or animated dinosaur character in my head, probably from my kids watching TV, but I can't place which one it is. I've searched Google images but no dice. When I find it I'll post it though. No offense to the wind screens/owners but you just can't help some visuals.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anybody found a source for these screens yet? It's not available in Canada yet, so I'd like to just order one from wherever. I haven't gone through all of the distributors listed on the Puig site yet. I thought I'd ask here first to get some recommendations.

Thanks
Motovation sells them, price is roughly $113 for the sport style, problem is they will not be in the US until April. Talked to them last week about it, so far best looking screens IMO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not really looking for any wind protection, mostly looking to hide all the wires and crap coming off of the handlebars and display.and still think the Yamaha one looks the best so i ordered one should be here end of the week will post pics when i get it on the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Motovation sells them, price is roughly $113 for the sport style, problem is they will not be in the US until April. Talked to them last week about it, so far best looking screens IMO.
I just emailed the importer up here asking about it. Hopefully they actually reply. I really don't want to ride without a screen, and the Puig is the only one I really like the look of so far.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Maybe it would be a good screen. Too bad that on every other bike I had a Puig on it fit like crap. Not wasting my time on them ever again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe it would be a good screen. Too bad that on every other bike I had a Puig on it fit like crap. Not wasting my time on them ever again.
Surprised by your comments, have been using them on all my street bikes for a long time and never had one fitment issue. Even the one for my RSV4 bolted right up with no gaps or misaligned holes and that was shocking to me considering the small curved surface area of that bike.

I will be a test case for the Puig when they come in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts