Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will never understand the marketing scheme for some of these companies. Why on earth do 99% post 1 or 2 pictures from bad angles that dont show the whole bike? It seems that almost every company follows this same strategy...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i dont get it either - the belly pan pictures are horrendous. From those pictures i like the powerbronze pan over that one but i do like the radiator fairings.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Imho the Powerbronze is toooo bulky. It makes the 09 look like a pregnant guppy... The Puig looks nicely built, and fitting for a naked bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think I'd ever put the belly pan on but the radiator infill panels look alright.

Agreed on the stupid photos though. Show the whole bike!

I've only ever had naked bikes and never with any body work like this. They are just cosmetic, yeah? There's not some handy practical use I've overlooked?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Shameless photo of pregnant guppy :sad5:. I am actually very happy with it but I realize some don't like the fairings. It does fit snug and so far is catching road grime instead of as much on the headers and oil pan etc... It appears an aftermarket full exhaust will work also but I have not picked one up yet. I will prob add some mesh screen to the lower front to match the sides and change the upper screens as well (or v versa).

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh and sorry to thread jack.. not intentional. I have purchased puig windscreen a couple of times in the past and was very happy with them. I also think the infills look good but would like to see a "real" photo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like the infill panels, so I called a while back. They said they should be available in July and the carbon fiber finish would be $170ish if I remember correctly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I called one of their dealers near me in Lake Havasu Arizona. They said that those parts wouldn't be available until august or july. :(

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'm sure they would look cool but one of the reasons I sold my Ninja 1000 was to get away from the body work.

I love being naked.... instant access to all ur bikes parts.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Am I the only one who prefers the bike's stock appearance?

Not a big fan of accessorizing.

View attachment 6996
No, my bike is stock, appearance wise. I think it looks great! And holy stick on vent chrommie for the hommie pick up truck! That is American Rice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts