Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Puig Backshell for my 2015 Yellow FZ and wanted to know if it can be used in combination with a screen. Has anyone tried? If so, what brand(s)?

I like the simplicity and look of the Backshell, but I am also interested in some improved wind protection for longer rides.

Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im going to assume when you say "screen", you're talking about the smaller Rizoma-type fly screens. Anything larger than that and you're pretty much wasting your money with the backshell. Looking at the Rizoma and Pyramid Plastics screens, I'm going to say it won't work without cutting on the backshell. Both of those particular models very clearly use space taken by the backshell.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ya I don't see the point if you are going to run a windscreen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do you want to run something like a madstad that you can remove when you're not taking long trips? that would probably have clearance

·
Registered
949 Posts
was curious why both too... i do like the looks of the backshell though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to assume when you say "screen", you're talking about the smaller Rizoma-type fly screens. Anything larger than that and you're pretty much wasting your money with the backshell. Looking at the Rizoma and Pyramid Plastics screens, I'm going to say it won't work without cutting on the backshell. Both of those particular models very clearly use space taken by the backshell.
Yes. I am talking about the smaller style fly screen. I thought the same exact thing about the space taken up by the Backshell.

Thanks for the input.

MS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I don't see the point if you are going to run a windscreen.

The point is that some of the smaller screens don't cover everything, and I really don't want something too large in terms of a screen. However, I also would like to be able to change things up easier by just keeping the Backshell on at all times instead of having to remove it when using the screen. Additionally, I like how the Backshell covers the wires up nicely and looks like it belongs there all the time.

MS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts