Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what other riders are wearing. I'd say this bike lends itself well to all types (styles) or riders (except those who wear chaps :rolleyes:)

Myself, I wear full gear all the time, I figure I'll be happy if (when) I have a fall. That said, I'm not hear to judge, if a t-shirt is your deal - so be it.

Helmet: HJC

Jacket: Furygan Akira
Clothing Jacket Sportswear Sleeve Motorcycle accessories

Pants: Furygan Veloce
Clothing Black Trousers Jeans Outerwear

Boots: Dianese Torque Out

Gloves: Alpine Star S2

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
835 Posts
AGV K-4 Creature w/ Silver Iridium visor:

http://images1.revzilla.com/product_images/0066/1543/agvk4_evo_creature_helmet_detail.jpg

Bilt Sport Mesh jacket (red):BILT - Sport Mesh Motorcycle Jacket - Mesh - Jackets - Street - Cycle Gear

In colder weather I wear the Coretch GX-Air 2 in yellow:
Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket - Motorcycle Superstore

Boots - Cortech Latigo Air RR - Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots - RevZilla

Gloves - Bilt Trackstar gloves (older style in red) - BILT - Trackstar Leather Motorcycle Gloves - Leather - Gloves - Street - Cycle Gear

I've been on an endless hunt for pants that fit me well and look good. I may buy the Cortech Latigo suit or their two-piece leathers.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like those pants!

Dainese Rebel Perforated Jacket
Dainese Super Speed Textile

Shoei RF-1200
Bell Star Carbon

Dainese Full Metal RS
Dainese Scalpel

Dainese TR Course Out

·
Registered
220 Posts
I ride with a Icon Hooligan 2 jacket, an HJC CL-16 helmet (might be switching to an Arai Defiant, designed for upright riding) Still looking for a good, comfortable pair of riding pants. Typically wear mechanics leather gloves. Need some more robust gear for sure, but it beats basketball shorts and a tank top.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Pilot custom 2 piece suit....

HJC RPH 10 Spies/Monster helmet....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have a bunch of gear, and what I throw on really depends on the weather and how long of a ride I'm going on (trip, or day ride, etc).

Most commonly though, you will find me in the following:

Rev-it Cayenne Pro Jacket

Rev-it Carnaby Riding Jeans

Frey Daytona Urban GTX boots

Helimot Buffalo Pro Gloves

Shoei X-Twelve Helmet

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
When it's hott.

I cant imagine what else came up when you googled for that picture, unless you happened to have that already stored on your computer???

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey!!!! That is where I learned my Dirty Dirt Skillz - LOL - That video is a classic and should be shown at every MSF Training Class. LOL
THIS:

Never gets old!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a bunch of gear, and what I throw on really depends on the weather and how long of a ride I'm going on (trip, or day ride, etc).

Most commonly though, you will find me in the following:

Rev-it Cayenne Pro Jacket

Rev-it Carnaby Riding Jeans

Frey Daytona Urban GTX boots

Helimot Buffalo Pro Gloves

Shoei X-Twelve Helmet

I hear that Cordura material that those Rev-It Jeans are made of is bombproof and still flow a lot of air? I live in AZ, just curious do they breath for warmer weather?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Icon Airmada Salient and Airframe Manic (I switch depending on my mood)
Icon Overlord Prime Jacket
Icon Overlord Shorty Gloves
Speed and Strength Kevlar Jeans
Icon Superduty 4 Boots

·
Registered
156 Posts
No one wears as much as I do:
Carbon fiber full face helmet by laser.
alpinestars chest/back protected
another lower back protecter
alpinestars riding jacket and gloves
leatt neck brace
legit riding boots either sidi or icon
jeans, sometimes the reinforced variety..

ive been in more accidents and more pain than most of you.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I hear that Cordura material that those Rev-It Jeans are made of is bombproof and still flow a lot of air? I live in AZ, just curious do they breath for warmer weather?
They breathe about as much as a pair of Levis... but it doesn't get Arizona hot here in the Bay Area. It would be nice if they came in a color other than a sun soaking dark blue.

They're super comfortable though, and you don't look like you're wearing riding pants when you're off the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
No one wears as much as I do:
Carbon fiber full face helmet by laser.
alpinestars chest/back protected
another lower back protecter
alpinestars riding jacket and gloves
leatt neck brace
legit riding boots either sidi or icon
jeans, sometimes the reinforced variety..

ive been in more accidents and more pain than most of you.
WTH......you wear all that protective gear and then you wear JEANS??? Are you kidding me? Do you not want to protect your legs if you go down. Road rash on the legs hurts too! Buy yourself a good pair of leather riding pants, then come back on here and tell us how much gear you wear!

In 2005, I low-sides on the street at approx. 85 MPH wearing a full leather suit, Shoei RF900 helmet, Sidi boots, AGV armored riding gloves and didn't have even a scratch on me. I can guarantee that you would have plenty of road rash with jeans on.

In 2010, I low-sided in Turn 3 at Barber wearing a full leather suit, helmet, gloves, boots and slide from the inside of the track all the way across, approx, 70' and into the gravel trap on the outside of the turn........again, not a scratch on me. In both instances the leather suit took a lot of the abuse of sliding on the right side.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shoei 1100 helmet
Joe rocket blue and white leather jacket (when riding hard and in the cold)
Joe Rocket leather and fabric mesh (when it is hot)
Joe Rocket reinforced pants
Alpine Stars gloves
Leather shoes

1 - 20 of 59 Posts