Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Graves motorsports sprocket cover for christmas,nice part btw, and i had to unscrew the shift rod so i could remove to stock plastic cover.
I should have marked it so i could put it back to stock but i didnt. I am pretty sure i got it close but any feedback or picture of the threads for the proper height would be great!! Just dont want shifting issues this spring if i have it adjusted wrong. Thanks.!

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
And just side note/reminder for anyone else who is going to take something like apart or even do an adjustment. My prodecure is this:

1. Bike on paddock stands, both front and rear.
2. Take a measurement from the tip of the shifter (put a piece of tape if necessary and put a mark on the tape), STRAIGHT down to the floor
3. Write down the measurement of the distance from tip to floor.
4. Proceed with whatever do are planning to do to the bike's rearset/adjustment rod/etc.
5. When you are finished, you now have a measurement/reference point to use to get it back where it was originally.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Screamingyellow
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing