Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching the projector headlight retrofit and am curious as to where the best place to mount the ballast is located. The few people who have done this retrofit do not mention where they mounted it. Pictures or diagrams showing the location or your setup would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Not quite a how too but here how it goes. There's more than one way to do it but this is the best way I found. The bigger box goes on the RH side between the airbox and frame. Just zip tye the box to the wire loom and make sure it doesn't hit the frame or shave wires. The small one goes right up front if the airbox. Pass all wires on the RH side to the headlight and back to the battery.

You can use the aux connector to connect your angel eye if you have any. I had to build an extension for those. All other wires fit as is with no modification.

MOD: Might need to clean this up and make it a "sticky" in the how too section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Marthy,

Can the Aux connector be used to power TWO Angel Eyes? Also, the instructions that I received from Chad (upon request) say to connect the Ground on the wiring harness to "bare metal on the chassis (not the battery, if possbile)". Where did you connect your Ground to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The aux connector as enough power for both angel eyes no problem. I will go with Chad recommendation and ground to the chassis, I guess I skip this part in the instructions and ground to the battery. Everything has been working fine but next time I need to do some work in that area I will swap it. There's a good ground on the starter I think... just follow the black wire from the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts