Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on competitors current selection of reasonably powerful naked bikes, I don't think it's unreasonable to see used FZ-09's for sale in 2016 Asking $6999. Prices will continue to rise for New Bikes, and everyone knows the New Purchase is inflated by the stealerships added fees (freight, set-up, Stealer fee, Title work, etc.).

What do you think...?:cool:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
At a dealer anything is possible. Private sales are a little harder to get the pulse from that far out. Really used bike sales turn on Mileage, Coniditon, and age. So with the proper mixture of those three components, I could see a fz-09 going for that in '16.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Japanese bikes are discounted so hard, I don't see this happening. A lot of ppl bought the bike new for $8k OTD... Japanese values are so soft, you don't want to ever pay MSRP when buying new, unless you want to ride it until it dies. $7k, in two years? Ive seen them for that price, used, already.

A bike is worth what someone is willing to pay. With bikes already listed at around $7k used, why would you pay that in two years?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think $1k off MSRP after 2 years is wishful thinking. unless it is heavily modded and low miles.
By 2016 the MSRP could easily be $8699+++. And the "Asking" Price of $6999 is just that, an Asking price. Every negation has to start somewhere:cool:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I could ask $10k... I thought we were talking value, which is what someone pays.

I could see $6k... Thats what Id expect someone to pay. MSRP isn't a good guide, because a lot of new buyers don't pay MSRP.

Dealer fees dont add value to a bike, so the day you drive it off the lot, whatever you paid in fees is gone, as well as the tax, and some of the sticker price, as it is now used. My bike, the first week I owned it was probably worth $7500.. 2 years later, 6k is about right.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could ask $10k... I thought we were talking value, which is what someone pays.

I could see $6k... Thats what Id expect someone to pay. MSRP isn't a good guide, because a lot of new buyers don't pay MSRP.

Dealer fees dont add value to a bike, so the day you drive it off the lot, whatever you paid in fees is gone, as well as the tax, and some of the sticker price, as it is now used. My bike, the first week I owned it was probably worth $7500.. 2 years later, 6k is about right.

Usually the Asking price is 5-10% above the actual Selling Price. And yes, the Selling price of a used bike is, to some extent, a reflection of the current MSRP -- If the MSRP rises substantially during the two years, it'll drag the value of the used bikes along with it.

We all know Yamaha could have priced this bike 10% higher from day one and sold every one of them just as fast -- that's a good sign for the aftermarket....

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was over on the Ninja300 Forum late last night & they have a few thread about test rides those guys have had on the FZ-09, and some waiting for the FZ-07 to arrive.......The Buzz is everywhere:cool:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I think a resale of a nice condition FZ-09 in two years is around $5,000. :color: :cool: :color:
This is about what I would expect......on a clean bike with relatively low mileage ....

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Usually the Asking price is 5-10% above the actual Selling Price. And yes, the Selling price of a used bike is, to some extent, a reflection of the current MSRP -- If the MSRP rises substantially during the two years, it'll drag the value of the used bikes along with it.

We all know Yamaha could have priced this bike 10% higher from day one and sold every one of them just as fast -- that's a good sign for the aftermarket....
+ 1000

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think 7k for the FZ09 in 2016 with low miles and have a few after market mods is fair price if the MSRP goes up, however I don t think many people will be able to fork out that much money buying it used from a private party vs financing from a dealer and be worry free about how was the bike previously treated. On another note it is fair price cuz who ever is shopping, still won't be able to afford a brand new FZ07 after adding tax and lic because it would be pretty much a lot higher than 7k and I think people will want to buy the FZ09 slightly used over the a brand new FZ07. That's my 0.02 cents

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Nearly everyone I've talked to who has ridden the 07 and 09, think the 07 is a better package. My dealer is selling them at $7044 OTD, all fees and taxes.

I still say $7k for 2 yr old 09 is a pipe dream. They are selling on this very board, today, for that much. It's a Japanese bike, of which two things are certain... Dead reliable, and terrible resale, due to the sheer volume of units and discounts. This is why I won't pay over MSRP OTD on any bike... Because in subsequent years, dealer discounting will undermine resale. When I bought the 09, I was also considering a deal on a new ZX6r that was $9k OTD...

Of course, you will always come across the guy that paid too much, and financed the bike, who owes MSRP after 2 years, and expects to get it. You will. But the internet has really made it hard for that guy to sell a bike, because an evening on the web will show any potential buyer that he is dreaming.

The exception being a highly/well modded bike, in great condition.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An "Asking Price" of $6999 in 2016 is only unrealistic IF one doesn't understand the difference between an "Asking Price" and a Selling Price, LMAO.

Used bikes don't sell at their ASKING Price...No one here EVER said ANYTHING about an FZ-09 "Selling" for $7000 in two years -- put your reading glasses on, LOL

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FZ-07 better package than the 09....:pain10: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'd like to meet some of those people..........I've got a Bridge to sell them.....;)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Some of them are very good friends of mine, with a lot of experience on bikes. I will let them know you have a bridge. What's your asking price?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some of them are very good friends of mine, with a lot of experience on bikes. I will let them know you have a bridge. What's your asking price?

When new was the Biggest Bargain around & is now two years old..........Asking $6999;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts