Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,just a note that progressive suspension has a new line of shocks out the 428 series. They will sell for $349.00 this might be something to look into as I 've used there products before with good results.Will have to see if they have one for the 09. RR:cool:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well im td with them , I sent in my gl1800 shock to them for a service, they ruined it , said it was obsolete , no parts for it , to bad . It was only a few years old . So all who got the gl1800 shock got the shaft , great until it was obsolete ,

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, this seems to happen quite often in the motorcycle world. I think this series shock will fit alot of bikes so maybe this won't happen with this shock but it is something to think about. I feel with the run on low cost bikes comming out that there will be alot of aftermarket suspinsion parts real soon. RR:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
What about the 465 series? their product search says it will fit the 2006-08 ZX14 and according to this chart the ZX14 shock is only 1mm shorter than the FZ09 shock. According to their website for the 428 it's designed for the new Ninja 650 and from what I can find it looks like the ninja 650 shock is only 290mm and the FZ09 is 330mm in length.

Text Green Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand the 428 series will be made for alot of newer bikes I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also I bet raceteck will have a shock also. RR:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts