Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photos of my progress image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

she also has phone holder and charger, and flashtunes bench flashed ECU with fuel map added into ECU.

the goal of this build is to have an all purpose bike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm contemplating some all terrains because there is always a chance of going down dirt roads in my area and that's apart of the idea of this build "all purpose" , the future holds ,debating on what I'm Gona do with suspension , I curently have hyper pro springs for front and rear in boxes but havnt installed because I found a front and rear set up that's gonna run 4k but of course like you that's more money then I really want to spend on an 8k bike lol also waiting to see if the mt09 street tracked front and side cowling/number plate looking things come available for purchase

·
Registered
619 Posts
What radiator shrouds (and what color option) are those? How close do they match the stock plastics in person?

Thanks

Reactions: JRGTV

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the shrouds and engine spoiler are "puig" they come in flat black witch only matches the dull black frame and air intake plastic . they come with a sticker set one is hold to match the US fz09 forks and grey to match the mt09 grey forks I used the grey stickers cuz the red fz09 has some grey on it so I've been getting things that have a touch of grey . the other color option is carbon fiber not sure if it's real or not . they're hard to find in US rite now most of my parts were orderd from Europe for the fz09 but the puig shrouds and engine spoiler should be more readily available in the US mid September according to puig . but like I said I've been getting most of my parts as mt09 parts from overseas dealers

Reactions: chris1261

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice, progress is coming along well...dont want to be rude asking but i got to ask, is there a website for the parts you are getting from overseas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, progress is coming along well...dont want to be rude asking but i got to ask, is there a website for the parts you are getting from overseas?

some parts I just ran a search engine for what I'm looking for as an mt09 till I found them . plus searching eBay under mt09 so basicly I just ran all search engines as an mt09

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fz09.jpg

finaly got the hyper pro front and rear progressive springs installed but the dude who did it couldn't find the correct oil weight to put in it. well then I got a recall on the headlight wire harness ,while its in the shop now im having them put the correct weight oil in front. only got to ride it a short period of time on the 20 mile ride to the shop. at first the rear spring seemed extremely soft even at its tightest spring setting but im use to a 2011 r6 wich stock is extremely stiff , once I rode it I found the soft progressive spring made for a more comfortable asphault ride. the front springs even with the lighter oil weight was 50% percent better, the progressive spring took away half of the dive distance it had stock. driving didn't feel any diferent on the hwy then stock until I tried braking hard and it was much better then stock but not meeting my goal, hopefully the heavyer weight oil will help more so I wont have to decide on the 4500 dollars worth of the perfect stuff. will hopefully get to ride and test before weather gets to cold

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks good! Now that winter is just around the corner (for us in Eastern Canada), i am thinking of sending my ECU to get flashed as well...Seems like the "right" thing to do :) Then possibly the suspension...

Which handguards are those? They look slick and not too big.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can't remember what model brand they were . but I got them from twisted throttle and it was the only thing they had specifecly for the fz09 . the even have a turn signal option . update with the hyper pro front and rear springs . I got the correct oil put in forks , the front forks don't dive "as much" as stock any more .still a bit divey but an improvment for sure but still not what I was hoping for. it's acceptal for all around riding but not for sport. the rear hyper pro spring is to soft and does not compliment anything accept maby match the feel of the front so
it's to soft . ile be putting the stock rear spring back on soon .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts