Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FZ-09 is soooooooooo much fun! So today I'm heading out of town to go play in some twistys. I'm mosying along at about 70 or so and some clown in a new (still got temp tags) Charger pulls along side and challenges me. First I ignore him, I mean why bother right? Then I slow down to 60 thinking he'll go away. He stays next to me and keeps doing the on & off the gas thing. We're on a divided 4 lane but not freeway, not too crowded and straight as a string so I figure what the heck. I drop it down to 4th, give him a nod, let him accelerate first then grab 3rd and wick it. You all know what happened, it looked like he threw out an anchor. In the few seconds it took to get from 60 to 125 I put so much distance on him he looked like a dot in the mirrors. I eased back to 70 and gave him a big thumbs up when he passed again. He didn't want to race no more. Anybody else have to show some fool that nekkid bike are fast too?

BTW when I got to the twistys, first time since the Stoltec re-flash and it proved itself once again. No mo' chicken strips.:eagerness:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Lmao a charger?!? Was it at least the srt8? Even then they ain't got shit. Unless that charger has about 700whp, it is no comparison. Although the srt8 charger will do 160 mph lol.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Silly cager doesn't know what power to weight ratio means! I would have played with him a bit at first, staying right beside, neck and neck... then "BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP"! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lmao a charger?!? Was it at least the srt8? Even then they ain't got shit. Unless that charger has about 700whp, it is no comparison. Although the srt8 charger will do 160 mph lol.
It was a pretty plain jane V8 Charger. Don't know what he expected to happen. Maybe he just traded up from a Kia Soul and actually thought the Charger was fast. Probably saw the small, nekkid, sit-up motorcycle and didn't expect too much. I really try to avoid this stuff as this behavior has cost me way too much over a long life of hooliganism. But some folks just need to be educated. I consider it public service.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Silly cager doesn't know what power to weight ratio means! I would have played with him a bit at first, staying right beside, neck and neck... then "BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP"! :D
On my youtube channel I have a video of myself doing that with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S on my old ZX6R. On the video it looks like we're neck-and-neck on a long empty stretch before I just open the throttle and go past him. The kicker? All of this was done without ever leaving third gear.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You'd be surprise the number of cagers that don't understand that.
Also, many people on the road don't know the True Power of the Dark Side of the FZ-9 - yet!!!

Darth-Vader-Underestimate-the-dark-side.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts