Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am probably going to buy an FZ 09 and thought I better join in case I have a few questions (as I have been lurking for a bit). I was sold on the idea, the motor and the price but not necessarily the looks, so when my dealer got a couple in last week (one red and one graphite) I went and checked them out. Looked decent/better in person and even though it was quite chilly they literally forced me out the door on it for a test ride, knowing that a ride on one will be a game changer for a lot of enthusiasts! Well it pretty much worked and now I am wrestling with the decision. I bought a new FZ1 in 07 and stripped it down making a superstandard/fighter out of it and really enjoyed it. I sold it and bought a new 09 R1 and immediately stripped it down and built a streetfighter out of it, owned it for 4 years and sold it. It was just too high strung, too fast and too tempting so in the interest of self preservation its a goner. Now this comes along......:huh:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Sounds like you have your mind made up already :)

Although you might like the old 990 KTM SuperDukes, might be your style?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you have your mind made up already :)
Yeah kind of seems like it huh?

Although you might like the old 990 KTM SuperDukes, might be your style?
I'm not going that route for a couple of reasons but you are correct I dig those alot. A good friend of mine had the R model, it was bada$$ indeed!!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Wow, very neat project bikes!
You certainly have an eye for what a naked streetfighter should look like.
I hope you have some styling plans for your new 09 and I am looking foward to what you might come up with.
Please keep us posted and don't forget the pictures.
I would really enjoy seeing some more shots of that Badboy R1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the complements shamrock! When I pull the trigger on the FZ09 I have some ideas, and since I think the bike will be quite popular, making it unique will be alot of fun I think. Heres a couple of other pics of the R1, thanks again. IMG_1501.jpg IMG_1506.jpg

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I really like that FZ1... beautiful in black and the headlight and instruments look great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mothy, that was my first attempt at really changing up a bike and it did turn out pretty decent I think. Here's a cockpit shot: IMG_0956.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts