Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Who else hates winter?

• 1. I hate it too

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • 2. I just have a bike in the garage to impress people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I live in a warm place like the one Chester's GF doesn't want to move to.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 4. I'm so twisted that I have snow tires on my bike.

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my FJ 09 for an MT 10 last year and picked it up on Dec. 7th. It was so friggin cold that I had to put it on my truck to bring it home. ( my GF couldn't understand why I couldn't wait until spring.) It stayed cold but I managed to ride throughout the winter. Enough so that I never needed to use my battery tender. Coming up on a year and I've got about 11,500 miles on it. I'll use up the warranty miles before 1 year. I love to ride and now I'm starting to get out the cold weather gear. I hate winter. Now i'm looking at almost 5 months of limited chances to ride. I hate winter. After I rented an FZ09 out in California last year I tried to talk my GF into moving out there so I could ride year round. I hate winter. I wouldn't mind winter so much if I didn't ride motorcycles but I do. I hate winter. Even worse.....I can't even amuse myself doing mods because I did them all. I hate winter. I bought one of those stock Yamaha top cases used a few months ago and it is so easy to pop on and off that I barely drive my truck any more. It's so easy so hope on the bike and pick stuff up that I can ride even more often. And now it's almost winter. I hate winter. It is truly disturbing to me that winter is close. Did I mention how much I hate winter. WTF am I supposed to do all winter? Do I need therapy?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Drove through a mix of rain/hail/snow on the way home from work tonight. In less than a half hour, the temp dropped from 50 to 37. I hate winter. I used to love winter but my knees don't care for skiing these days. So, since I don't love winter, I hate winter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Being as I don’t drive vehicles with four wheels and my motorcycle is my only transportation. I hate winter . There’s nothing worse then being cold I would rather be melting in the sun with the wind in my face . I hate winter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate winter too!!!. Year long lurker here. This is what we had drop in less then 24 hrs. Boooooooo no more riding for me.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Couldn't imagine having to put the bike away. :( Where I live it's usually 26-38c all year round (78-100f) thankfully.

I would hate Winter too if I had to deal with that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am already making a list of things to bide my time during winter.

In a week or 2 i plan to get my bike ready for its winter sleep.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
617 Posts
I really hate the lack of rain, bugs, and the base layer I have to put on to ride in the winter.... Damn you Florida! 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really hate the lack of rain, bugs, and the base layer I have to put on to ride in the winter.... Damn you Florida!
No kidding. It was only 84 today and I was thankful for my dart marlin windscreen that I put on my XSR a few weeks ago. Summer riding is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
If I’m lucky I might get another month before I put mine away ... I ride right up until the first snowfall typically or once they start salting the roads

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was born outside of Chicago and lived there until I was 9 years old. I don't miss the freezing winters and sweating hot humid summers. Not too many people had A/C in their homes back then, I can remember just laying in bed dripping with sweat all night. F that.

I've lived in California since then and now all I have to worry about is which lake I want to take the boat to 12 months out of the year. haha. This weekend it was in the high 80's during the day and a nice cool 65 at night. We spent most of the weekend in the water or on a tube behind the boat. We even saw this guy hanging out on the shore, he was practically screaming "Merika". lol... (zoomed in cell phone pic)

·
Registered
111 Posts
The upside of Canadian winters is Canadian springtime, when you feel like a kid on Christmas morning as you pull your bike out of storage.

It's in that one brief moment of pure joy and excitement that you almost forget the four months of frozen nads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Winter is what Subarus with snow tires are for..

I live in Southern California for now, but I can't wait to move back home to Indiana. I like having 4 seasons. And where I'm from we don't have much of a winter. Very mild, not much snow (I wish we had more snow, because if it's going to be cold I should at least get snow out of it).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hate summer. Ever since I moved to Phoenix, AZ summers are awful and can't ride much. It's finally cooling down (97°F today, but low 90s/high 80s soon) and riding season is about to start here

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hate summer. Ever since I moved to Phoenix, AZ summers are awful and can't ride much. It's finally cooling down (97°F today, but low 90s/high 80s soon) and riding season is about to start here
Well that's different lol. Freaking desert.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
409 Posts
I live in the desert, too, but summer is the time to ride here. High Desert. This Sunday is going to be a low of 12 and a high of 37. FML

I love the High Desert - most of the time. Snapping from highs of 70 to a high of literally 37 over night is brutal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts