Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, if you ordered your PC5 pre-programmed you definitely need to check your tune. I opened mine on my laptop and noticed small fuel changes. This definitely added notable power with the full Akropovic Carbon exhaust but the tune didn't look that extreme judging from the map.

So off I go to the dynojet site and download the Akro with and without baffle tunes. When I open them there is a ridiculous difference in fuel. The tunes from the site add much more fuel throughout the rpms than the original map. I believe Motomummy didn't even really touch the PC5 at all. Don't get me wrong the tune didn't cost extra and the bike ran fine, but after I loaded the real tune for the bike and took it through town(yes at 2am) I see what I was missing. A much more noticeable power gain while it seems to be more smooth, and the air time for that front tire increased as I made my usual run through downtown to hear the exhaust reverberate off of the old buildings.

Double check your PC5 tunes and if you are running the stock tune, download the tune particular to your exhaust and stop playing around dagnabbit!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
They don't have one for the Arrow :crushed:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
True, but there is an ECU flash for the Arrow...

Does MOTOMUMMY claim to remap the PCV? That seems like a slippery slope for a parts distributor. I wouldn't open a customers new item, manipulate it, then ship it off...

Edit... I see that they do claim to remap the PCV, but realistically, they cannot have a map for ANY configuration of mods that a customer lists in the order. Good marketing, but they are full of crap.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Are you looking at the AFR or the VE numbers?..what about timing changes?
Remember,more fuel is not always a good thing and my experience with canned maps is they generally throw fuel everywhere .
The canned map I got from DynoJet for my Sportster was so fat it wasn't even funny...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts