Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys do it? Walmart parking lot? Did you have any problems with security / authorities over this?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm walking distance to a big county community college - they run the local MSF course out of the same lot - i go and practice some stuff there in the summer in the evenings.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I break in new tires in a mall parking lot near my house which would be similar, I just go early before it even opens.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Find a 9-5 M-F business and use their parking lot on the weekend. Use a carpool lot or commuter rail lot on the weekend when they are empty. Remote corner of a mall parking lot. Empty commercial building that is up for rent or sale.

Lots of opportunities.

And yes, security personnel can chase you off, but until they do, don't worry about them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's funny you ask about security.....I got chased off a while back doing low speed maneuvers in the parking lot of an abandoned commercial facility. This fat lady in a golf cart rolled over to me and treated me like I was some sort of robber casing the joint. She never leaves either....so I go the Target parking lot early in the morning on occasion.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Sunday's between 7-10 am you'll find Most Parking Lots Empty.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Technical college where my wife took the MSF course. I showed her how to do 1 mph full lock 360's by dragging the back brake and keeping her body perpendicular to the ground while leaning the bike. Now there are YouTube videos on the subject.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technical college where my wife took the MSF course. I showed her how to do 1 mph full lock 360's by dragging the back brake and keeping her body perpendicular to the ground while leaning the bike. Now there are YouTube videos on the subject.
If your wife can do it, I should be able to do it :)

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Back in the eighties I showed my wife a similar move with her back arched, but her torso parallel to the ground. Now, fast forward to 2014 and that same move is done regularly like its nothing on RedTube :cool:

Reactions: jcfz6r1 and beck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in the eighties I showed my wife a similar move with her back arched, but her torso parallel to the ground. Now, fast forward to 2014 and that same move is done regularly like its nothing on RedTube :cool:
Pictures or it never happened!

j/k

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Pictures or it never happened!
You obviously have never "searched" steve101 on RedTube:cool:

.....Not that there's anything wrong with it........Seinfeld

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I was Stopping Short (and reaching) long Before seat-belts;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now that's funny! I don't care who ya are.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
We dont have big parking lots here but something much larger- the streets of NYC. You can hone your skills in panic braking, balancing while filtering between cars, turning into spaces you can barely fit while walking, avoiding swerving cabs and instantly getting back into lane when you see a popo. Move here-you will get a constant practice of using the amazing low-end torque of this bike and re-learn everything you know about riding a motorcycle (while maintaining your sanity). No, seriously.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just go anywhere there is a parking lot with space.. When they come out and tell you to leave, be pollite and leave, then go to another one and do the same... Eventually you will find a location where noone bothers you.

I go to these places to practice stunts.. I usually get alot of time in before someone comes out and gives me the "cut it out" sign with flattened hand over neck... I wave and leave peacefully then go to next one.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Here is a good technique video. Watch the whole thing. No one showed me how to do this; I had to learn it instinctively. If you want more, search YouTube for them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cops are best at low speed, here on the connie 14. Key is to keep the motor revving a bit for gyroscopic effect (ask Fizzer, Hawker or any pilot what that is), and use rear brake to regulate speed...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts