Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking here for a while now, and finally found something worth posting about. I went to the NEC to see motorcycle live, which is the UKs biggest bike event. While I was looking at the powerbronze MT-09 project bike, I noticed something on the back of it.

MT-09 UK Powerbronze rear plate mount - Imgur

Not sure if any of you have seen this before, but I asked one of the guys at the booth and he said they weren't selling or advertising it. He said he's not sure if they're going to be making and selling them to the general public, and if they did he expected it to be around the £200 mark. I spied a similar mount on ebay from a French seller I believe, but it was mounted both sides and didn't look nearly as nice as this one.

As everyone knows, we suffer in the UK with our huge number plates, and I was considering putting a letterbox (8"x2") plate on once I get my MT-09. But now I think I will keep an eye out for this and keep it legal.

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
I've thought about something similar to that found on the Cagiva Gran Canyon as a mudguard for the 09.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
My plate is less visible tucked up under the tail - i prefer that but given how big your plate is i dont blame you for looking for a better solution.

200 GBP is a comical amount of money for something like that. Does powerbronze think we own a duc?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My mates do bump my tyre, but they wouldn't if it was going to cause damage.

And yeah beck, as I said, the only other solution is to get a 8"x2" plate, which is illegal. Punishment is only a fine, but it's £100, so after getting nicked twice I could have bought one of these. I would prefer the smaller plate, but it'll just draw attention and fines.

This is how I feel when I see one with a UK plate compared to the US plates: http://www.xrv.org.uk/photopost/data/873/bignumberplatet.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it a lot, but it's too big for us usa bros
Yes, you lot do have glorious tiny plates, especially with the wide range of designs. If I knew I wouldn't get fined at every opportunity I would just switch to the tiny 8x2 plate. I might chance it anyway once I get my 09. Some of the riders around here with illegal plates snap their original one in half and put it under their seat so they can use the "just temporary sir, look what happened" excuse, but I can't see them buying it to be honest.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Someone posted a picture of an FZ09 with a plate holder similar to the Powerbronze unit. It was for a Kawasaki Versys and was a bolt on to the FZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts