Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am concerned with some of the comments read on the forum about the power of the fz09. I am riding a 2008 Ducati Hypermotard now with about two months of riding experience. How does the fz09 compare and do the different riding modes make that big of a difference? :confused:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am concerned with some of the comments read on the forum about the power of the fz09. I am riding a 2008 Ducati Hypermotard now with about two months of riding experience. How does the fz09 compare and do the different riding modes make that big of a difference? :confused:
If I recall the 2008 Hyper is the 2 valve air cooled 1098cc engine and has only about 90 hp and weighs about the same as the FZ. I think the FZ is certainly going to be a bit peppier then the Hyper's of 2008.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Don't be concerned..........Very few things on the road are a quick, let's say 0-80ish.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Comparing stock bikes, the FZ 09 is about 30 Lbs lighter and makes more HP.

Have both bikes.

The Duc is used as a camera bike, but sometimes has to work to keep up.

Reactions: Pacer

·
Registered
877 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts