Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was driving my Mt09 today in A mode.
I had full throttle in 2nd gear up to the rev limiter and when i shifted up to the 3rd gear nothing happend under full throttle, the bike was still working but did not respond to the throttle at all for some seconds and it started working again.
Now it really slow in all gears like it lost 50 hp.

The bike has a akrapovic full system and the ecu has been remapped at my local yamaha dealer.
Does anyone have a clue what could have happened ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant read any error codes, and no lamp flashing at the dashboard.
The engine sounds normal.
When i press the clutch and rev the engine it revs perfectly normal, and when im driving under full throttle in 1st 2nd and 3rd its really slow, it wont even power wheelie in 1st gear anymore

·
Registered
987 Posts
It'll be on your speedo.

FYI: You don't drive a motorcycle, you RIDE it. :)

Like this:
Technology Electronic device Electronics Windshield Automotive window part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@fz09r Im sorry my english is not the best im from sweden ;) how did you get the error codes on the speedo?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Does you bike idle ok? Not missing and still smooth idle? If so, then most likely not a cam chain, timing or bent valve issue. Sounds almost as if the throttle-by-wire system is not working correctly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idle is still smooth as it was before, when its in neutral it responds on throttle perfectly fine, the problem is when i ride the bike it feels like there is no power, it feels tired

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Sounds like either a default "limp home mode" or an air intake obstruction or bad fuel supply or maybe a misadjusted throttle cable.

If it was in "limp home mode" I would expect a warning/error code of some sort.

An air intake obstruction could limit how well the engine can breath as the revs go up. I have found rags and other issues that block airflow into the airbox of bikes over the years.

For fuel: water in the fuel will do what you are describing and other poor quality fuel issues can cause it. If the fuel line was kinked it might limit fuel flow at full throttle to limit the power. This was a serious issue with the Gen 2 FZ1 (2006-present).

The throttle cables run from the throttle grip to a sensor at the back of the throttle bodies. The sensor tells the ECU how far the throttle has been twisted and provides the return spring tension to the throttle grip. If the throttle cable is too loose or if the sensor is misadjusted, then turning the throttle to full lock might only be rotating the sensor to 1/4 throttle instead of full throttle, thus limiting the revving speed and power available.

Those are my best guesses since the engine sounds good and idles fine, just won't make a lot of power.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got a code this morning:

Font Auto part Speedometer

Can anyone check it out in their code book. Thank you advance

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Rick, there must be an error there. When mine shows that code it says "STUB"

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I got a code this morning:

View attachment 17692

Can anyone check it out in their code book. Thank you advance
I checked this for you, and according to the service manual;
'Error code 105:' Refers to owner being highly delusional, and further diagnosis by a trained professional highly recommended. If you see this fault code, pull over immediately and park the bike until the reality software reboots itself... Lol:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the diagnos mode i can read that the throttle goes from 15-100, the bike is 2 months old so i still have my warrenty but my biggest concern is that they will say the bike runs perfectly fine becouse there is no fault codes. I dont know what to think anymore myself :( Does the bike register everything and there is a possebility that there is nothing wrong with my bike?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Fault Code No. 30 in the Service Manual, according to this, it has to do with the lean angle sensor.

Text Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I checked this for you, and according to the service manual;
'Error code 105:' Refers to owner being highly delusional, and further diagnosis by a trained professional highly recommended. If you see this fault code, pull over immediately and park the bike until the reality software reboots itself... Lol:icon_thumleft:
Highly delusional ah? It must have been the shrooms I had for breakfast :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts