Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to pick up my new bike, and talking with my husband about making sure it's in "B-mode" before starting, at least until I'm used to the bike a bit.
He asked me about how that works with the power commander. Errrr.....I don't know. I know very little about fuel injected bikes, mapping, etc.
How exactly are these pieces supposed to work together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool. So all three modes will work with the power commander.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The Power Commander has nothing to do with the YCC-T which in this case is bad. It doesn't fix the bike's snatchy throttle. I hear the 2015s have been smoothed out somewhat, but trust me, the ECU flash is the ideal as an alternative to a Power Commander.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure I'll end up getting it soon. I already know there's a couple things I'll be changing, such as the mirrors.
I'm putting off the performance stuff for now if I can. This bike is leaps and bounds above what I've been used to riding for the past 13 years. A stock FZ would've been an upgrade, but this one happened to be a deal I didn't want to pass up, with the extras I knew I'd want (Yoshimura full system, upgraded seat)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'm sure I'll end up getting it soon. I already know there's a couple things I'll be changing, such as the mirrors.
I'm putting off the performance stuff for now if I can. This bike is leaps and bounds above what I've been used to riding for the past 13 years. A stock FZ would've been an upgrade, but this one happened to be a deal I didn't want to pass up, with the extras I knew I'd want (Yoshimura full system, upgraded seat)

Remember this name: APE CCT

Available at your nearest EBay online store.:cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts

The Flash is not a performance upgrade. It's one of the "necessary" mods for this bike in order to make it safer to ride and more manageable.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The Flash is not a performance upgrade. It's one of the "necessary" mods for this bike in order to make it safer to ride and more manageable.
A little clarification, the factory reflash is a necessary upgrade to make the bike safe. An aftermarket reflash is a safety upgrade and performance upgrade suited to your particular modifications.

Reactions: RichBaker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts