Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what's the difference? Why would you get a reflash when Pcv can be changed at will.?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the ECU reflash changes the pre programmed engine parameters, i.e. fuel cut, throttle action, ignition timing, engine cooling fan temp setting etc, where a PC allows you to fine tune the fuelling across all sorts of loads, revs, intake and exhaust mods, but doesn't interfere with the ECU operation, just interrupts the injector pulses from the ECU, am I right, both mods with intake and exhaust mods will realise the full potential of the standard engine, and will allow further enhancement when somebody starts to port and cam these things, a reflash will not cover enough fuelling parameters to cover such mods alone.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
I stole this from my facebook page I made for flashing, hope it helps,

The question always comes up how does the flash compare to using a power commander.

There really is no comparison, truly.

The power commander plugs in between your Ecu and fuel injection. It looks at Rpm and throttle position and adds or removes fuel based on the map you put into it. That is all it does is modify fueling. I load the same exact maps with the same number of throttle positions and rpm data points into the Ecu. No extra equipment to fail nothing else to install.

The biggest improvement the flash makes to a bike is in modifying the fly by wire settings. This is where the magic is. The pc can not do this.

You can buy an add on ignition module to adjust ignition timing. I do the same thing with the flash

I also adjust when the fans come on, correct speedo error for gearing changes. remove sensors so you do not get error codes. Disable the ais and exup

The only time I would recommend using the flash for everything but fuel control and use the power commander for fuel control is if you want to have the ability to adjust your fueling without sending in the Ecu or if you have a unique set up.

You could always in the future once your set up was finalized and you had a fuel map made for your set send me back your Ecu with a copy of the map and I'll flash it into the Ecu. No charge for reflashes I only ask you pay $10 to cover my shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts