Completely agree with you. I wasn't going to get into it but A/T is not the magic answer to all problem. A/T do nopt proceed information fast enough to correct the map perfectly at all time. It bouce AFR up and down until if find an happy place. If you cruise down the freeway A/T will hit the number that you put in perfectly as long as you are steady throttle. Using it with a data logger with some time and hard work you will end up with great results. A/T alone without the logger will get you about 80% there... the other 20% someone need to do the work.FYI - The autotune for the power commander does not replace the need for an appropriate map. The autotune gives you small incremental adjustments to your map to account for changes in temp, altitude and humidity. To get the full benefit from the tuner you need to load the right map or more ideally get it dyno tuned.
If you have some time on your hand you can get the LCD-200 display. Its a data logger too. You can check every single engine parameters that you can log... if you hook the speed sensor and MAP sensor in the extra PCV chanel. It takes time and work but it can be done right. But uts not a simple bang on bullet proof solutionMarthy, that does make sense, and echos just about what I found. Trying to use AT alone, without a dyno, is like trying to read a book with half the pages missing. As you said, it when it starts asking for changes under 5%, its impossible to feel the difference.
Plus, for me, that under 20% throttle completely makes or brakes how good a bike feels when your riding it.
I will keep mine on though, just because it really ticks my Harley riding friend off when I can plug my laptop into the bike. He has no clue what I'm doing. I usually tell him I'm trying to give it a virus so it will run and sound more like his bike does.