Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im about to pull the trigger on the akropovic carbon full exhaust.
I have a power commander but have no experience with it, my question is:

If i uploaded the fuel map onto my power commander and install it with exhaust, does it overrite the 3 existing maps to 1 map?... If so, does the new map equate to A" mode?

Or does it maintain the 3 existing maps and simply integrate the new exhaust?

As much as i respect everyones opinion on different options from pcv, a response to the question from those with pcv experience or knowlege would be most appreciated.

Kaiser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
I'm pretty sure that "A", "STD" and "B" aren't fuel maps, but more like a virtual throttle snail cam - interpreting throttle position and ramping up/down based on mode selected. the power commander sits between the ECU and the fuel injectors, and will alter the signal to add/remove fuel regardless of which throttle mode is selected. if that makes sense.

--Chris
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tunnelvision748

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PCV will offset all 3 mode.
Thanks for responding marthy... Do you know if the new map would most resemble A mode?... If i decide to mitigate the other maps to add an exhaust i certainly wouldnt want it to be restricted as std. And b mode... Would want a more powerful A mode if anything. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
Thanks for responding marthy... Do you know if the new map would most resemble A mode?... If i decide to mitigate the other maps to add an exhaust i certainly wouldnt want it to be restricted as std. And b mode... Would want a more powerful A mode if anything. :)
The fuel map in the ECU is all the same for every mode. The only difference between each mode is the throttle map (Nick can validate that). The only thing the PCV do is changing the injector signal and add/remove fuel. So regardless of the map you use, it will be the same and optimal for each mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The fuel map in the ECU is all the same for every mode. The only difference between each mode is the throttle map (Nick can validate that). The only thing the PCV do is changing the injector signal and add/remove fuel. So regardless of the map you use, it will be the same and optimal for each mode.
Ok, so it will maintain optimal fuel, and the throttle map will still be able to be optimized with A.. Or restricted with std. And B when selected, after the PCV is installed with designated exhaust map?

I appreciate your patience in my line of questioning:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
The pvc will not affect the std, a, or b mode at all.
Pcv is a fuel changer
Modes are throttle input changers

The modes will still do exactly what they are intended to do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Apologizes for thread jacking but I have a question myself about PCV/Bazzaz. Do these piggybacks help alleviate the throttle snatch/fuel cut off (letting off throttle)? I prefer not to do something redundant by installing a piggyback system along with an ECU reflash. I would like to hear some input from the ones that have a piggyback system installed only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
Apologizes for thread jacking but I have a question myself about PCV/Bazzaz. Do these piggybacks help alleviate the throttle snatch/fuel cut off (letting off throttle)? I prefer not to do something redundant by installing a piggyback system along with an ECU reflash. I would like to hear some input from the ones that have a piggyback system installed only.
I used the EJK controller alone for a while before I get the flash and it was just fine to me, 90% perfect. But the flash took care of the other 10% and end up to be a nice combo IMO. Any other fuel controller will get the job done as well I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
Apologizes for thread jacking but I have a question myself about PCV/Bazzaz. Do these piggybacks help alleviate the throttle snatch/fuel cut off (letting off throttle)? I prefer not to do something redundant by installing a piggyback system along with an ECU reflash. I would like to hear some input from the ones that have a piggyback system installed only.
they could aid slightly, but to get best results you will need an ECU ref lash. Best combo is ECU Flash for throttle maps and PCV/Bazzaz for fuel maps.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top