Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the PCV alone resolve the snatchy throttle issue on our bikes or is the issue beyond what the PCV can do.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the EJK and like the PCV it did make things a little smoother but yea I want the flash.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Flash and PCV here, huge improvement. Just got the G2 throttle tube, and I am shooting for perfect throttle transition.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flash and PCV here, huge improvement. Just got the G2 throttle tube, and I am shooting for perfect throttle transition.
Yeah Im ordering a G2 throttle tube this weekend. I'll probably order the PCV at the same time I send in my ECU. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Just threw the G2 on. I will report back tomorrow after my ride. I am oh so close to having perfect throttle control on the back wheel and I like getting on the gas early coming out of the turns.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I rode a hundred miles with the throttle tamer, and it smoothed my transition out completely. Granted, my bike was already close to being on the money with the flash and the PCV. If I had to do it all over again, I would use the Y200 tube for quicker acceleration, but it is still great when I grab a hand full of throttle. The bike now feels like a perfectly carburated bike, which is the opposite of the bike I purchased back in November.

I swapped bikes with my brother for a while, and rode his Husqvarna SM610 and could not believe how much of a difference my GPR stabilizer makes. He is going to buy a stabilizer, after riding mine, to put on his Supermoto ASAP. His bike was as twitchy as mine was out of the crate.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I rode a hundred miles with the throttle tamer, and it smoothed my transition out completely. Granted, my bike was already close to being on the money with the flash and the PCV. If I had to do it all over again, I would use the Y200 tube for quicker acceleration, but it is still great when I grab a hand full of throttle. The bike now feels like a perfectly carburated bike, which is the opposite of the bike I purchased back in November.

I swapped bikes with my brother for a while, and rode his Husqvarna SM610 and could not believe how much of a difference my GPR stabilizer makes. He is going to buy a stabilizer, after riding mine, to put on his Supermoto ASAP. His bike was as twitchy as mine was out of the crate.
thanks for the report Doug, officially on my wish list.

do you see any benefit in getting the tube with interchangeable cam profiles?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
The benefit to the interchangeable profiles would be if you did not like a certain one, you could switch until you got the one you like.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered mine from rutmonkey yesterday and just selected the FZ09 as my model so I assume Im getting the Y400 cam profile. Cant wait until its here. I have started getting used to the stock throttle somewhat so any improvement should be noticeable. I'll probably be pulling the ECU and sending it off to flash tune at the end of the month.

·
Registered
54 Posts
get both PCV and ECU, you won't be disapointed.

I'm not sure how I go about doing this. I just recently got the my ecu flash done. Was informed to reset my AFR to zero otherwise pc map and flash map would cancel each other out. I forgot to do that this morning. So now I'm riding with both maps... but if I reset my pc AFR to zero then what is the purpose of having the pc then?

I'm at a lost here, any help is much appreciated...

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I'm not sure how I go about doing this. I just recently got the my ecu flash done. Was informed to reset my AFR to zero otherwise pc map and flash map would cancel each other out. I forgot to do that this morning. So now I'm riding with both maps... but if I reset my pc AFR to zero then what is the purpose of having the pc then?

I'm at a lost here, any help is much appreciated...
Did you get any fuel map added? It won't cancel each other but if you add fuel in both map... you will end up with twice the change. Won't cancel... just add up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you get any fuel map added? It won't cancel each other but if you add fuel in both map... you will end up with twice the change. Won't cancel... just add up.
Yes, added default (full akro) map from PC site. When in first gear holding in clutch, the rpms are noticably higher than before the flash....
But if i remove the map from the PC, would'nt the PC be installed for nothing?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Yes, added default (full akro) map from PC site. When in first gear holding in clutch, the rpms are noticably higher than before the flash....
But if i remove the map from the PC, would'nt the PC be installed for nothing?
Yep. PCV for sale. Keep the O2 optimizer in place... flash doesn't change the AFR in close loop (ECO mode)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.