Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some have powder coated there wheels, anyone powder coat there stock bars? I'm totally fine with the position of my bars so I don't really want to replace them but I wouldn't mind them black. Has anyone powder coated there bars and if so any issues when reinstalling grips?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would send mine in without worry at all. As long as they don't get paint in any threads you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I know some have powder coated there wheels, anyone powder coat there stock bars? I'm totally fine with the position of my bars so I don't really want to replace them but I wouldn't mind them black. Has anyone powder coated there bars and if so any issues when reinstalling grips?
I've done a few bars gloss black. No problem with anything fitting.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nice, I found a place 5 minutes from my house I'll take the bars off tomorrow.
Good deal.
Nice having local folks that you can go to/trust.
Post pics when your done, thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good deal.
Nice have local folks that you can go to/trust.
Post pics when your done, thanks!
Will do, got the bars off this morning hoping to drop them off either tomorrow or Tuesday not sure on the turn around. I'm still waiting for my grips, levers, mirrors, signals ect.... so not super a super rush but I think it will improve the look of the front.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Why not just a $4.00 rattle can paint job, with clear on top. I've done that on wheels, forks, bars and levers, never had a problem with chipping, peeling or wear, and no one ever noticed the results as not coming like that from the factory. The only work is in proper prep, cheap easy and done at home.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
^ $100 may be their minimum. If you add other pieces it may still be $100.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Called up a shop and they want $100 just for the bars. LoL
The place I took it is a 1/4 that the only thing is they wait until they have a minimum amount of pieces in that color before doing it. This time of year I don't mind, not running insurance right now anyway. If I was doing a really custom color I'd have to pay a minimum as well, not sure what it is but probably at least $100.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up my bars today, I believe my levers come in this week as well so I'll reassemble this weekend, get the controls and grips on. I'm satisfied how they turned out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts