Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys & gals!
I'm somewhat of a veteran rider, been on two wheels since I was 7 starting with my KX80, I'm 32 now with a near full stable to include an 07' ZX10R and 05' DRZ400SM. Some of you out there may know me from some other forums as I always use the same member name. At 15 I made the transition to the street on my super cool 1988 FZ600, my first and last Yami, funny how things seem to come around full circle.. I'm getting real serious about buying my first ever new bike and I'm pretty much sold on the FZ9 due to the ergos, median point between the 10R and SM, and specifically for the character (of the triple), performance, and value. I've read every review and watched almost all the videos one could find on the interweb. I'm lucky in a sense because I'm in no huge rush to pick one up as my other rides pacify my lust, however I do have somewhat of a deadline to take the plunge due to a soon to be addition to our family, luckily my wife is cool and understands my passion and supports me spoiling myself now while I can.

So, with all that said I would appreciate some guidance in finding the best deal. I've been saving for the day when I found the bike worthy of being my first NEW bike, not just new to me, and have cash in hand. I am willing to finance initially if it works in the favor of whichever dealer is willing to play ball. Unfortunately for me the bike is in high demand with limited units at the dealers here in Florida. I travel the entire central portion of the state weekly for business, and even though I would prefer doing business with a local dealer, I am willing and able to source one within a 250 mile radius of home. Anyone out there have a dealer connection? I prefer the Graphite, but may consider Red. A non-local dealer that I reached out to a few weeks ago contacted me yesterday to advise me they had a new Graphite that was just assembled and ultimately they are willing to do approx $9,100 out the door. I still think a better deal can be found, maybe I'm just stubborn or cheap, or maybe both... Either way I think I may hold off for now until I receive feedback and opinions from the experts here on FZ09.org.

I look forward to becoming a long-term member and contributor to the site!

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Can't help with finding you a deal (unless you want to visit CT) but I think a preemptive "welcome and congrats" is in order.

This bike won't disappoint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Yea, I'm in E. TN, so no help with finding a dealer close to you with good pricing. If you do find a great deal though, out of state, maybe consider renting a truck and driving there to pick it up and bring it back home. I would hate to have to try and do a "break in" on a new bike while droning down the interstate....thus the suggestion about bringing it home in a truck.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I wish you good luck on finding one at a great price and the color that you prefer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ya that price is kinda high. I paid 7600 plus tax otd here in mn. No other BS fees etc. welcome to site. You will love the bike. Only issue i had was the seat. Thats an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Bikes are more expensive in Florida. More riding time= more demand. I paid right at 9,000 after taxes, tag, title. But I transferred my tag. Saw this one at Citrus Cycle outside Ocala,
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 6-speed Liquid Graphite

There are three dealers here in Jax. Beach blvd. motor sports, purcells, st. johns power sports. Also look at sky power sports in lakeland, lake wales, and and port richey. The dealers website aren't updated for new inventory. So you just have to call to see what is in stock.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bikes are more expensive in Florida. More riding time= more demand. I paid right at 9,000 after taxes, tag, title. But I transferred my tag. Saw this one at Citrus Cycle outside Ocala,
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 6-speed Liquid Graphite

There are three dealers here in Jax. Beach blvd. motor sports, purcells, st. johns power sports. Also look at sky power sports in lakeland, lake wales, and and port richey. The dealers website aren't updated for new inventory. So you just have to call to see what is in stock.
So, should I assume that $9,000 plus tag OTD is a good if not fair deal? I just don't want to rush in considering time is on my side and I can wait if needed.

·
Registered
663 Posts
At just about the geographic farthest point from you in the country, Fairbanks, Alaska has them OTD for 7,995.00

That would be one heck of a crazy road trip.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Barney's has one of each color, the store in Brooksville has an orange one.

Cahills, near Tampa has had the best deals that I have heard of..........No idea of what they have in stock at this time.

Ask for "Buck" the sales Manager.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It all depends on what your state and local taxes are as to what the out the door price is. I got a break on setup and doc fees in Tennessee, and came in around $9,100. I was more than happy to see my salesman make a little money for his efforts. I am not cheap and will gladly pay someone for their products and services. I never like it when someone tries to beat me out of my grocery money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It all depends on what your state and local taxes are as to what the out the door price is. I got a break on setup and doc fees in Tennessee, and came in around $9,100. I was more than happy to see my salesman make a little money for his efforts. I am not cheap and will gladly pay someone for their products and services. I never like it when someone tries to beat me out of my grocery money.
I like you don't like being beat down from earning my rightful commission being in sales myself, however I have no issue negotiating crazy dealer fees, etc. Being the consumer in this scenario, having never ridden the bike, and being my first-ever new bike purchase I am hesitant some. It's a lot of dough and a huge decision. I guess all I'm trying to do is justify to myself that this is the right choice for my desires and that I get a fair deal. Some dealers offer other incentives like dealer cost on parts the day of purchase, free extended warranties, discounted prepaid service, etc. This "deal" is simply approx $9100 OTD from a non-local dealer. I must say of it was one of my local Cahills the bike would already be home with me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you are OK with Florida prices at 9k out the door, that should be doable ASAP........I would think.

Citrus Cycle in Lecanto, may be another choice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are OK with Florida prices at 9k out the door, that should be doable ASAP........I would think.

Citrus Cycle in Lecanto, may be another choice.
I called Bucky, no luck for a quick deal due to no stock. He took my info and will call me if one becomes available. Seems like what I've been offered so far may in fact be one of the better deals to be found for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No dice so far; Sky, Cycle Springs, Cahills, or Barneys. One of them has a single Red in stock, and another is checking their other locations for availability of any color at all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That was quick.
I realized quickly that if I wanted one any time soon I would need to grab it while I could, especially since I was pretty certain I was getting the best deal possible. I called every dealer in a 7 county radius and concluded it was time to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just don't want to rush in considering time is on my side and I can wait if needed.
I took the plunge and bought the Graphite! Details to follow, but first impression, AWESOME!
Funny! Glad that I'm not the only (im)patient one! I definitely fall into the "instant gratification" category... :evil6:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts