Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A really great friend has been on a spree of late. Every once and a while, he goes down market
and picks up something off-beat. I like it. I think it's a Honda dirt bike front end. The seat looks tough.
But I like it.
Gregs GS500.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More than one GS500 won a WERA Clubman Class Grand National Final at Road Atlanta back in the day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 1984 EX500 in my trailer waiting to get Mad Maxed when I slow down and get board this winter.
Gonna be a blast on some dirt roads. :toothy12:

·
Registered
263 Posts
More than one GS500 won a WERA Clubman Class Grand National Final at Road Atlanta back in the day.
Really? I didn't know that. I loved that bike even though everyone scoffed at it in high school because it wasn't a "race bike". I didn't care, I was paying $4 per week in gas (when gas was $0.99 per gallon) and $45 per month for insurance. It was still faster than 99% of the cars in the parking lot too. I ended up painting it an Infiniti metallic blue because I was taking autobody in school and my teacher was a motorcycle guy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the gs500 was my first bike too! i still love that bike. i learned how to become a garage motorcycle mechanic on that thing.

Reactions: CB024
1 - 6 of 6 Posts