Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 is a Canadian model. I'll be taking it to the States quite a bit, so I'm wondering if it's possible to switch the speedo to mph.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hold the select button down when the odometer miles is currently displayed, it will flash KMH I believe...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think only the USA displays can be swapped between metric and standard. But worth a try.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Page 4-4 of the owner's manual:

Be sure to turn the key to "ON" before using the "SELECT" and "RESET" buttons.
To switch the speedometer and multi-function displays between kilometers and miles, press the "SELECT" button for at least one second.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My 09 is a Canadian model. I'll be taking it to the States quite a bit, so I'm wondering if it's possible to switch the speedo to mph.
maybe not. on previous bikes i've had, the u.s. models could switch from mph to kph, but the canadian models were locked to kph.

let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Canadian FZ 09 wont switch to MPH from KPH. I just tried it. Unless anyone else has any other tips?
Well, if you have a phone base/stand for your bike then you can easily use any of the 100’s apps out there for a speedometer. My bike’s speedometer works fine but I’ve begun to like the app more and more. In my case I use Waze which not only has a map but also has a speedometer and alerts you whenever you’re over the speed limit and because it works over the GPS signal it shows a more accurate speed than the one of the bike’s which shows the speed about 4 or 5 mph more than what you’re actually going.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Well, if you have a phone base/stand for your bike then you can easily use any of the 100’s apps out there for a speedometer. My bike’s speedometer works fine but I’ve begun to like the app more and more. In my case I use Waze which not only has a map but also has a speedometer and alerts you whenever you’re over the speed limit and because it works over the GPS signal it shows a more accurate speed than the one of the bike’s which shows the speed about 4 or 5 mph more than what you’re actually going.
I don't think those apps were available back in 2016 but thanks for the heads up.
Another thing to consider. Some of the guys don't like how that phone looks sticking up in the air after installing bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,972 Posts
It’s too hot in AZ to use an exposed phone mount. Phones shut down when sitting in the sun for any amount of time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts