Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Confused...not getting the connection of those wrecked bikes to new riders. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Confused...not getting the connection of those wrecked bikes to new riders. What am I missing?
True, we don't know about the rider's experience or the circumstances of the crash. And experienced riders with a new bike are at increased risk too. But...

·
Registered
380 Posts
In my opinion this bike is not a beginner bike. That's why there are Ninja 300's and such. Even a Honda CBR500 would be better beginner bike.
but people are different and some don't respect the machine enough and think they are invincible. on the other hand, accidents do happen to us all.
be safe, lots of bad drivers out there lol.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't really think any 100hp bikes are the best for beginners, I just didn't see the connection. For what it is worth, my first street bike was a Ninja 250r back in 1989. Moved on to a GSXR750 a year later.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What chaps my ass is the first time bike buyer who comes on these forums and asks for advice. We give them advice...and they inevitably do the opposite. I've learned that they really aren't asking for advice.....they just want someone to validate their incorrect decision that they already made.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
What chaps my ass is the first time bike buyer who comes on these forums and asks for advice. We give them advice...and they inevitably do the opposite. I've learned that they really aren't asking for advice.....they just want someone to validate their incorrect decision that they already made.

This is what most people are looking for, affirmation.

The wife and I decided to live completely debt free, spent a couple years accomplishing just that, then people started to come out of the woodwork, wanting our help to do the same. As soon as we sat down to make a budget, or scrutinize their spending habits, it became clear that what they all wanted, was for someone to tell them that they were already doing all that they could. When in fact, they are not, by a long shot.

People in general, feel that they know better, than those who know better.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I was, and still am a proponent of the FZ09 NOT being a beginner motorcycle. Probably a lot of the original members here can remember me advising/preaching/lecturing/whatevering to any of the folks that ask, not to buy the FZ09 if you are a new/beginner rider. Some listen, and some don't. Some have survived intact, and some have crashed. We all run the risk of crashing a motorcycle when we go out for a ride, but having a good deal of experience, mixed with a healthy dose or respect, and guided by common sense, goes a long way towards coming home at the end of the ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I consider myself to be an above average rider...and the FZ09 is no beginner bike.

It's way too fast, has a sensitive throttle, and unforgiving brakes. I locked the back tire up three times the second day on the bike (in rush hour traffic).

You're missing out if you start here (the FZ09)...one of the most fun things about riding is the learning and evolution of the sport.

Why rush it, and risk your well being; start small and move up.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's de ja vu all over again. I remember this debate a few months ago. What changed in the interim? Probably a few wrecked bikes. I said it then and feel the same now. I would be completely satisfied with an FZ-07. It closer in power to what I rode for 20 years, and I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's de ja vu all over again. I remember this debate a few months ago. What changed in the interim? Probably a few wrecked bikes. I said it then and feel the same now. I would be completely satisfied with an FZ-07. It closer in power to what I rode for 20 years, and I'm ok with that.
I have been waiting for any news on the FZ-07 coming stateside.. I couldn't stand waiting any more so I bought a 09

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Holy Crap! How much impact force does it take to rip the top triple clamp from the steering head and split it in half? Wow. Hope the dude was alright. I agree with you guys-it's so easy to over ride your abilities on this bike-the low price draws them in and unscrupulous salesman don't give a shit if you wad it up on the way home. This bike should come with a warning label for noobs, not for what kind of fuel I should be putting in it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts