Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I'm looking at getting a used 2014 FZ-09 Graphite. It has 7500kms, has the updated CCT and a few small upgrades.With the extended warranty. It doesnt have the re-flashed ECU yet,

Would $7000 CAD be a good price for a bike like this? It was knocked over in a parking lot but all damage was repaired other than a few bent fins on the rad. I've seen the work order to prove it.

Thanks, Monk.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
First a question, where a bouts are you in Canada???

I ask because there are not very many used FZ-09's listed on kijiji these days. Just one 2014 Orange in Calgary for $7500 CAD, that I can see which is a private sale.

Yamaha FZ 09 / FZ09 Blaze Orange Mint Condition | sport bikes | Calgary | Kijiji

There are quite a few that are through dealers, but that means having to pay tax on top of the listed price.

And when you mention an extended warranty, how long of an extended warranty is it? Since Yamaha offered up to a five year extended warranty. if you check with a dealer they should be able to give you a good idea how much the extended warranty is worth.

If the only damage you can see is a couple bent rad fins, that can be easy hidden behind a good rad guard.

Plus you can always compare how much any left over FZ-09's are going for at local dealers, if there are any left for sale????? I got the very last new FZ-09 in Calgary last August, just out of pure luck and stopping buy the local shop on the right day, at the right time.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Welcome to the site and good luck with your search. Lots of good deals in the States, but your info needs to come from your countrymen knowing values up there better than us.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As long as you have seen a work order saying that it is road worthy and there is no frame damage I think that is a great deal. The ECU flash should be free through your dealer so I wouldn't be concerned about that. As Rocky had mentioned there aren't a whole lot for sale new or used up here (in Alberta at least), so if you can look at the bike and see that it is in like new condition I would jump on it. I paid close to 10k OTD for my 2015 FZ-09 in October so unless you can find a cheap leftover 14 I don't think you are going to find a much better deal.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The leftovers here are around $8700 new + taxes, delivery and fees. If all damage has been fixed, $7000 is a decent price for the mileage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just outside of Edmonton. The Warranty is good until 2019, which according to Yamaha is an $1100 value.

There is one other 14' in town listed for $8250 with 850km

But i dont see there being any problems with this one having under 8000kms,especially because it is covered for another 4 years.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm just outside of Edmonton. The Warranty is good until 2019, which according to Yamaha is an $1100 value.

There is one other 14' in town listed for $8250 with 850km

But i dont see there being any problems with this one having under 8000kms,especially because it is covered for another 4 years.
If he has the paperwork and proof that it was checked over thoroughly from the tip over, with everything fixed. Plus the extended 4 years warranty, it sounds like a good deal. And it doesn't hurt to just try and see if you can get it for a little less.

The only other one I see online is a low mileage ay 365 km, one in Edmonton, but he wants a bit much for it, at $8,250.

Yamaha FZ 09 | sport bikes | Edmonton | Kijiji

I have noticed that the 09's do not last long on kijiji now that spring is around the corner.

Good luck.

I know there were a few back in the fall that didn't seem to sell at the time, hard to say if they will be showing up on kijiji again here soon.

Just stay away from guys like this, lol.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...et/1056105624?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya it seems like a real good price to me. I saw in the work order it was mostly small stuff that was replaced other than the tank. Just over 2k to fix it all though.

He is gonna send me a picture of the remaining Rad damage later today, So we'll see how that looks.

Ya, that seems a bit steep!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If it just a few bend rad fins, it should be just fine. If you are still concerned about it, a good rad repair shop can do wonders. Definitely worth checking out before going the route for a new rad.

A rad guard was one of the first items I added to my 09, and the best pricing I have found is through Motostarz.ca in Richmond BC.

I listed a few good Canadian suppliers here, to save on paying duty to get stuff shipped across the border.
http://www.fz09.org/forum/51-prairies/5482-list-good-canadian-suppliers.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not overly concerned about it, if it was bad enough to warrant replacement I'm sure they would've fixed it.

Ya, i saw you mention them somewhere else on the site here and have been trying to figure out which exhaust to go with :dontknow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a couple pictures of the damage to the Rad. Said he "accidentally pushed the pressure washer nozzle onto the radiator and this is the result" LOL

Vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Bumper Car Floor Radiator Grille Mesh Metal

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Got a couple pictures of the damage to the Rad. Said he "accidentally pushed the pressure washer nozzle onto the radiator and this is the result" LOL

View attachment 14474 View attachment 14475
That doesn't look to bad, you have to be careful with a pressure washer, they can make a mess of the rad in a hurry.

It might not hurt to get in there and make sure the fins are spread out enough so you don't get any over heating issues. Just be careful and use a small flat screw driver to pry the fins apart if they are to close together.

Unfortunately once they are bent even if you straighten them, they'll stick out like a sore thumb. The good thing is, it's nothing a good rad guard won't hide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts