Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anywone try to polish exhaust system, for the header im ok but for the ugly canister, do they will rust after polish it after brush it with SOS or other, i dont want to remove it to paint it flat black and search for simplier solution!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Anywone try to polish exhaust system, for the header im ok but for the ugly canister, do they will rust after polish it after brush it with SOS or other, i dont want to remove it to paint it flat black and search for simplier solution!
Too funny. I saw the title to this thread and thought it was about an exhaust system made in Poland!

Titles can be deceiving.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not sure about the exhaust, but I've polished gun barrels with a dremel and polishing compound, and then polished with Mothers metal polish. Works really well.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It can't rust...it's made from stainless steel. All it can do is discolor. Spray WD-40 on a rag and wipe the canister off. If it doesn't come clean enough....the SOS pad will work. Flat black spray paint will last about two weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts