Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, if you're on the fence about getting out to Pocono this year, don't delay. Some of the last days of the season are coming upon us. Will be there with Team Pro Motion on 8/30 and Absolute Cycle on 8/31 - should be a great Labor Day weekend if the weather holds.

FUSA is a great layout - some new turns added to give over 2 miles of track with some very fast straights on the tri-oval's banking.

Anyone?

·
Registered
369 Posts
So tempting...

I really want to give the track a try, but the cost of entry barrier is high. The full leathers, club membership, track day fee... I will have to save up some more first!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Nick......not to purposely hijack your thread, but just found out over the weekend that Peggy and I are going to get to do a private day at the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY in October....Woot!

·
Registered
957 Posts
This stuff doesn't come cheap! But, there are some ways to save. Many clubs have a 'first timer' deal and many (most?) have rental leathers...if you wanted to try before you buy.
My main issue is that I depend on either my sister or my buddy Jeff to transport my bike to and from the track. And Pocono is too far away for either of them to be willing. I'm pretty much limited to either PittRace (45 minutes away) or Nelson Ledges (an hour and a half away)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmm... Pocono is a lot closer for me than NJMP. Maybe this is a good option for next season. Would be really fun to meet up with a bunch of you guys at the track. I'll be on the wrong brand of bike though :p

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Killer deal! I'd love to try that track - it looks sweet!
Did I mention that it is FREE? Only cost is going to be transportation up and back, hotel for a night, and eats. I'm excited for sure.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
When you consider the patience required to teach it isn't exactly free.
Hmm... this could be true. I actually did have a free track day once a long time ago. I was helping some of the girls who were getting into racing. Showing them around the track, and taking my turn marshalling for an hour.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Honestly, I'm very fortunate to work for a company that is so generous and appreciative of their staff. Sportbike Track Time owners, Richard and his wife Julie are doing this for us as a way of saying " Thank You" to the STT staff for their hard work and dedication to STT. I'm truly humbled and honored to be a part of the organization.

Back to your regularly scheduled program, brought to you by another GREAT company....Stoltec Moto and Mr. Nick Stolten.

Reactions: cthouse

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn, I'd love to head up for this...unfortunately the wife is working nights and someone needs to watch the little girl. Soon though, might try to hit NJMP on 9/20&21.

·
Registered
369 Posts
FYI, if you're on the fence about getting out to Pocono this year, don't delay. Some of the last days of the season are coming upon us. Will be there with Team Pro Motion on 8/30 and Absolute Cycle on 8/31 - should be a great Labor Day weekend if the weather holds.

Hey Nick, are you planning on doing any more track days at NJMP in the upcoming months?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts