Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Geez....better get some rider training real soon or you are going to kill yourself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the rider knew his/her limit this wouldn't happened.
Respect the throttle is not just a saying and not a joke!
You see folks, this is why the insurance prices are keep going up.
I hope that person is okay and learned this expensive lesson for the future.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya that might be a bit much to hope that he hurt himself.. although some people do need to experience it to learn there lesson.

I have a friend who recently just bought a 08 CBR600rr like my old bike only 3 months ago... He is already saying that the bike doesn't have enough power and that 'squids' can't keep up with him.... He also just sent me a snapchat of someone he was riding with who dumped there bike trying to keep up with him and it said, "squids can't keep up with me, #dumpcity". That really annoyed me.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Check out his YouTube page, and his other videos, this was going to happen. Maybe he will wise up... Naw!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
There is also the factor of driving at night, harder to judging distance, impossible to see road conditions and then add in some cooler pavement with less traction. People forget that they can easily out drive there headlights at night, by the time they see something it can be too late to react.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
There is also the factor of driving at night, harder to judging distance, impossible to see road conditions and then add in some cooler pavement with less traction. People forget that they can easily out drive there headlights at night, by the time they see something it can be too late to react.
Riding aggressively at night significantly increases your risk (in my opinion anyway). Combining all the above with an absolutely crap stock headlight - you're asking for trouble. Not to mention - night time severely limits your visibility of road hazards and wildlife that love to come out at night when traffic is at a minimum.

Not a good use of judgement - but based on his other videos - he's been lucky that this is the worst of the videos so far. Hopefully he's ok and has viewed this as a wake up call vs. a random event of bad luck.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Combining all the above with an absolutely crap stock headlight - you're asking for trouble.
I had a similar thought. That was the same stock headlight my FZ-09 had?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Wasn't too bad for having a 12er of PBR in him. Hopefully he'll just quit riding.

·
Registered
320 Posts
His other awesome videos include such items as "Close Call" from two weeks ago and "First Ride" all the way back from three weeks ago.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Based on the timeframe of the video uploads he had a Honda CBR250R for a few months, then bought the FZ-09 and wrecked it in less than two weeks. He posts videos of illegal use of the emergency lane, crossing solid lines, speeding, etc. and posts another video in which he cheers when a car is pulled over... it seems this is an inexperienced kid rider with a feeling of invincibility. Hopefully the wreck taught him a lesson and he'll use better judgement if he continues riding.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts